NHL Breakout '99 will come to Rye Playland this Saturday and Sunday, September 25 and 26, from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The event, which was designed to promote hockey education and participation in a fun atmosphere, will feature many special hockey-related activities, including appearances by select members of the 1999-2000 New York Rangers. Admission is free for all activites, excluding organized tournament play.
WHO:Saturday:Rangers Manny Malhotra, Pavel Brendl, Jamie Lundmark, Mike York. Sunday:Rangers alumni Rod Gilbert, Gilles Villemure and Brian Mullen. WHAT:NHL Breakout '99 includes:
- Street and In-Line Hockey Tournaments, featuring local teams of all ages and skill levels, competing in state-of-the-art NHL CoolAir inflatable rinks.
- The IBM/NHL Goal Gallery, which gives fans the opportunity to test their shooting accuracy.
- POWERADE/NHL Street Hockey Games, in which fans compete in stick-handling, puck control, speed and accuracy.
- The chance for fans to test their stick-handling, shooting accuracy and breakaway speed at the NHL Playoff-Pursuit, an interactive hockey activity center.
- The New Dodge/NHL Slapshot Cage, which measures the speed of fans' slapshots with a radar gun-equipped slap shot cage.
- NHL Between the Pipes, where fans can suit up in net and experience what it's like to be an NHL goaltender.
- The NHL/USA Hockey Diversity Task Force selected 40 girls from the Black Women in Sport Foundation (BWSF) to participate in an off-ice hockey clinic.
- NHL Light the Lamp Treasure Hunt, offers fans the chance to win NHL Official Gear prizes by completing the treasure hunt.
WHERE:Playland - Located on Playland Parkway in Rye, New York.
WHEN:Saturday and Sunday, September 25 and 26, 1999 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.