Only two NHL teams have rallied from a 3-0 series deficit, but on Thursday night at MSG, the Rangers took the first step. Jaromir Jagr scored a dramatic goal, and Henrik Lundqvist
made 29 saves in a 3-0 win that sent the series back to Pittsburgh.
| Box Score
THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYR
2. J. JAGR -- NYR
3. B. DUBINSKY -- NYRNOTES
* Henrik Lundqvist
stopped 29 shots to record his first shutout of the 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs, and second post-season shutout of his career. He turned aside Evgeni Malkin’s penalty shot attempt at 17:53 of the second period and is now two for two in penalty shots in the playoffs. Lundqvist became the third Ranger goaltender in franchise history to post a shutout when facing elimination (April 12, 1928 vs. Montreal Maroons -- Joe Miller, Finals Game 4, 1-0; May 7, 1986 vs. Montreal Canadiens – John Vanbiesbrouck, Conference Finals Game 4, 2-0).
* Jaromir Jagr tallied two goals and added an assist to increase his playoff total to a league-leading, 15 points (five goals and 10 assists). He posted his team-leading, fifth multi-point game of the playoffs.
* Brandon Dubinsky
notched a power-play goal at 0:44 in the third period and collected an assist. He is now tied for the league lead in points (four goals and four assists) among rookies.
* Brendan Shanahan registered an assist along with a game-high, seven shots on net. He moved into a tie for ninth on the active all-time playoff assists list with 72.
* Martin Straka recorded an assist in 20:35 of icetime. He ranks second on the team in assists (seven) and is tied for second in points (10).
* Chris Drury tallied one assist and won 15 of 24 faceoffs (63%). He also delivered three hits in 20:40 of icetime.
* Fedor Tyutin collected an assist and blocked two shots. He is now tied for second on the team among defensemen with three assists in the playoffs.
* Dan Girardi
delivered a team-high, six hits and blocked two shots.
* Michal Rozsival registered three hits and logged a game-high 27:06 of icetime.