The good news for the Rangers is that they have now gone a remarkable 10 straight games with at least one standings point. The bad news on Tuesday, though, was that they fell 4-3 to the Islanders in a thriller that ended with a six-round shootout.
| Box Score THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. J. TAMBELLINI -- NYI
2. R. CALLAHAN -- NYR
3. S. GOMEZ -- NYRNOTES
* Nigel Dawes notched a power-play goal and converted his shootout attempt for the second consecutive game. He has registered five points (three goals and two assists) in the last five contests.
* Chris Drury tallied an even-strength goal at 7:14 of the second period. He increased his total to a team-leading five points (three goals and two assists) in five games this season vs. the Islanders.
* Ryan Callahan
registered a shorthanded goal to tie the game at 5:47 of the third period and delivered five hits. He has recorded at least one point in the last six games at MSG, registering seven points (six goals and one assist) over the span.
* Scott Gomez collected one power-play assist and added a shorthanded assist for his 15th multiple-point game of the season. He extended his assist streak to four games, tallying six assists during the stretch.
* Fedor Tyutin recorded a powe- play assist and logged 21:51 of icetime. he has notched three points in the last five games.
* Martin Straka tallied an assist to extend his home scoring streak to five games, registering two goals and six assists for eight points over the span.
* Michal Rozsival registered an assist and logged a team-high, 22:10 of icetime. He has now tallied five assists in the last six contests.
* Dan Girardi
recorded an assist and blocked three shots. He extended his assist streak to three games, collecting three assists during the stretch.
* The Rangers have sold out 110 consecutive regular season games.