Two points tasted so sweet for the Rangers on Wednesday, as they came back with a late third-period goal by Chris Drury and beat the Devils 2-1 in a shootout at the Prudential Center. The Blueshirts are a remarkable 6-0-0 vs. New Jersey this season.
| Box Score THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. M. BRODEUR -- NJ
2. D. ZUBRUS -- NJ
3. C. DRURY -- NYRNOTES
* The Rangers improved to 6-0-0 against the Devils this season. It was the Blueshirts' second shootout win against the Devils this season, and three of the contests have been decided in overtime.
* The Rangers are now 11-9 in overtime this season, and 8-6 in the shootout.
* Henrik Lundqvist
made 17 saves to earn the victory between the pipes. He has won all six of his starts this season against New Jersey, becoming the first Rangers goalie ever to beat the Devils six times in one season. He has allowed only five goals in six starts vs. New Jersey this season.
* Chris Drury scored his team-leading 23rd goal of the season late in the third period. It was his first goal in seven games.
* Nigel Dawes scored the only goal of the shootout, and he is now 4-for-6 in shootout attempts this year.
* Defenseman Dan Girardi
led the team with five blocked shots.
* Defenseman Christian Backman logged a team-high 25:46 worth of ice-time.