The Rangers' 13-game point scoring streak came to a halt Friday night as the Rangers fell to the Florida Panthers 3-2 following a brilliant performance by Tomas Vokoun. The Blueshirts look to start a new streak Saturday night against the Lightning.
| Box Score THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. O. JOKINEN -- FLA
2. B. McLEAN -- FLA
3. J. CULLIMORE -- FLANOTES
* Friday’s loss in regulation was the first for the Rangers in 14 games and 36 days, dating back to a 4-1 defeat at the hands of the Anaheim Ducks on February 7. The Rangers had been 10-0-3 their previous 13 matches.
* The Rangers also lost in regulation for the first time in 11 road games, dating back to a 3-1 loss in Carolina on January 29. New York had been 8-0-2 in that stretch.
* Henrik Lundqvist
had 27 saves, but was denied his 100th career victory.
* Scott Gomez scored his 16th goal. Gomez leads the Rangers with 67 points (16-51-67).
* Brendan Shanahan led the Rangers with 8 shots on goal. His 2nd period assist gives him points in 9 of the previous 11 games.
* Dan Girardi
scored his ninth goal of the season in the first period. It was his first goal since January 5 against Edmonton, a span of 28 games.
* Defensemen Michal Rozsival and Christian Backman each recorded a team-high three blocked shots.