Heading into Sunday afternoon's game at New Jersey, the Rangers knew they would be facing the Devils again in the playoffs. Now, after falling 3-2 in a shootout, they know they'll be going right back to the Prudential Center for Game 1 on Wednesday.
| Box Score THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. M. RUPP -- NJD
2. J. JAGR -- NYR
3. J. MADDEN -- NJDNOTES
* The Rangers finished the 2007-08 regular season in fifth place in the Eastern Conference with 97 points. They will face the fourth-seeded Devils in the first round of the playoffs, beginning with Game One Wednesday night at the Prudential Center.
* The Rangers finished their season series against the Devils with a 7-1-0 record, earning 15 of a possible 16 points. Three of the contests -- including Sunday's -- were decided in the shootout, and another was decided in overtime. The winning margin was never more than two goals in any of the eight meetings between these two rivals this season.
* Jaromir Jagr scored his 25th goal of the season, and his fifth in the last four games, to finish the season as the Rangers’ leading scorer with 71 points (25-46-71), one better than Scott Gomez. It marked the third consecutive season that Jagr led the Rangers in points.
* Chris Drury also scored his 25th goal. He and Jagr led the team in that category this season.
* Henrik Lundqvist
made his franchise-record 72nd start of the season in goal. He finished the season with 37 victories, equaling his career-bets mark, originally set a year ago.
* Christian Backman earned an assist on Jagr’s goal, and now is 1-6-7 in his last eight matches.