The final score was 2-0 for Pittsburgh, but only due to an empty-netter. Sunday's Game 2 of the Rangers-Penguins Eastern Conference Semifinals series was as close as it could be, but the Pens rode a Jordan Staal goal to victory and 2-0 series lead.
| Box Score THREE STARS OF THE GAME
1. M. FLEURY -- PIT
2. J. STAAL -- PIT
3. H. LUNDQVIST -- NYRNOTES
* Including the regular season, the Penguins have now won 12 consecutive games at Mellon Arena. In four playoff series meetings, the Pens are 8-2 against the Rangers at home.
* Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist
finished the game with 31 saves and is now 12-8-3 against Pittsburgh in his career (regular-season and playoffs combined)
* The Penguins have won Game 2 in each of their last eight playoff series.
* Pittsburgh has at least one power-play goal in all six of its 2008 playoff games.
* The Rangers last came back from a 2-0 playoff deficit to win a series in 1996, taking the final four against Montreal.