| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will close out their six-game homestand when they face-off against the Winnipeg Jets tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their third game in four days. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and sixth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 6-3-3 (15 pts). The Rangers enter today's contest having defeated the Montreal Canadiens, 5-3, on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden to improve to 6-2-1 in their last nine games, including wins in their last three contests. The Jets enter the contest with a 5-6-2 (12 pts) record to rank 13th in the Eastern Conference, and have registered a point in four of their last five games (3-1-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday, Nov. 9, at Scotiabank Place (7:30 p.m.). Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 213.Rangers vs. Jets Pregame Notes
* The Rangers last skated against the previous Winnipeg Jets franchise at Madison Square Garden in a 6-4 win on Oct. 11, 1995. Ray Ferraro led all skaters with four points (two goals, two assists), including the game-winning goal, Adam Graves notched two goals (one shorthanded) and Alex Kovalev tallied three points (one goal, two assists). Mike Richter made 30 saves for the win.
* New York ranks 13th with a 3-1-1 (7 pts) record at home; Winnipeg ranks 11th with a 3-4-2 (8 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 1-0-0 record vs. Southeast Division opponents; the Jets are 3-1-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 7-5-6 record with a 2.24 GAA and one shutout in 19 career regular season contests vs. Winnipeg; Martin Biron
is 7-11-0-0 with a 3.18 GAA and three shutouts in 19 career regular season games vs. the Jets.
* Brad Richards
leads the Rangers with 17 goals, 36 assists and 53 points in 47 career regular season contests vs. Winnipeg; Marian Gaborik
has tallied 16 points (eight goals, eight assists) in 14 games vs. the Jets.
* New York lists one former Atlanta Thrashers player on its roster: Erik Christensen (2007-08 to 2008-09)
* Winnipeg lists one former Ranger on its roster: Nik Antropov (2008-09).All Time -- Rangers vs. Jets (formerly Atlanta Thrashers)
At MSG: 7-9-1-5
At Atlanta/Winnipeg: 13-6-0-42011-12 Rangers vs. Winnipeg
Oct. 24 Rangers 2, Jets 1 at Winnipeg
Nov. 6 Rangers vs. Jets at MSG
Jan. 24 Rangers vs. Jets at MSG
March 28 Rangers vs. Jets at WinnipegUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 6 Rangers vs. Winnipeg at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 9 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 11 Rangers vs. Carolina at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 15 Rangers at N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Nov. 19 Rangers at Montreal, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Marc Staal
has missed 12 games after being put on the Injured Reserve list on Oct. 5 due to a concussion.
* Mike Rupp
has missed five games due to a knee injury, suffered on Oct. 24.
* Wojtek Wolski has missed one game due to a groin injury, suffered on Nov. 3.
* The Rangers have lost 27 total man-game to injuries or illness this season.