| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Washington Capitals tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal matchup. The Blueshirts currently trail in the series, 2-1, following a 4-3 win in Game 3 on Monday at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers enter the contest with a 209-228-8 record all-time in 445 playoff contests (117-88-2 at home; 92-140-6 on the road). New York has posted a 39-32 record all-time in Game 4 of playoff series.Download complete game notes >>
* Download Rangers Playoff Media Guide >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 212. Rangers vs. Capitals Pregame Notes
* Derick Brassard registered his first career playoff points with a three-point effort, including a power play goal and two assists, in Game 3 at Madison Square Garden. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Brassard’s three points were the most by a Ranger in their home playoff debut since Sergei Zubov on Apr. 17, 1994 vs. the NY Islanders (one goal, two assists).
* This is the first time the Blueshirts have faced the same opponent in three consecutive playoff seasons since New York played Philadelphia in the 1985, 1986 and 1987 playoffs. The Rangers are meeting the Capitals in the playoffs for the fourth time in the last five years. The last time that happened was against the Flyers from 1983-87.
* The Blueshirts have registered a point in 92 consecutive regular season games when leading after the second period, dating back to the 2009-10 season, posting a record of 85-0-6 over the span.
* The Rangers’ last regulation loss in a game when entering the third with the lead was Feb. 4, 2010 (6-5 loss vs. WSH). New York posted a 16-0-0 record when leading after the second period this season. Rangers vs. Capitals Playoff History
The Rangers and Capitals are meeting in the playoffs for the eighth time overall and fourth time in five years, including a third consecutive season. Their last postseason encounter was in last year's Eastern Conference Semifinals, a series won by New York 4-3. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 3-4 playoff series record vs. the Capitals, posting a 20-24 mark in 44 postseason contests.All Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,223
Goals against: 1,219All Time Regular season -- Rangers vs. Capitals
At MSG: 48-38-9-3
At Washington: 39-48-9-32013 Rangers vs. Washington
Feb. 17 Rangers 2, Capitals 1 at MSG March 10 Rangers 4, Capitals 1 at Washington March 24 Rangers 2, Capitals 3 (SO) at MSGRangers-Capitals Series Results and Schedule (Washington leads series 2-1)
May 2 Rangers 1, Capitals 3 at Washington
May 4 Rangers 0, Capitals 1 (OT) at Washington
May 6 Rangers 4, Washington 3 at MSG
May 8 Rangers vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.
May 10 Rangers at Washington, 7:30 p.m.
May 12 Rangers vs. Washington, TBD*
May 13 Rangers at Washington, TBD*
* -- if necessaryInjuries
* Ryane Clowe has missed three playoff games (plus one in regular season) with an injury, suffered on April 25.
* Michael Sauer has missed three playoff games (and the entire 48-game regular season) due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 10 total man-games to injuries or illness during the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.