| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will conclude their eighth back-to-back set of the season tonight, Dec. 12, against the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 17-13-1 (35 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Blue Jackets, 3-1, on Saturday night at Columbus, and are now 7-4-0 in their last 11 games. The Capitals enter the contest with a 18-10-3 (39 pts) record to rank second in the Eastern Conference, and have lost each of their last five games (0-4-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will begin their ninth back-to-back set of the season when they face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday, Dec. 15, at CONSOL Energy Center (7:00 p.m.), before returning home to host the Phoenix Coyotes at Madison Square Garden on Thursday, Dec. 16 (7:00 p.m.). Download complete game notes
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Washington Pre-Game Notes
* The Blueshirts are tied for 25th in the NHL at home with a record of 6-8-1 (13 pts) in 15 games; the Capitals have posted a record of 6-6-1 (13 pts) on the road and are tied for 19th in the league.
* The Rangers have posted a record of 1-4-0 vs. Southeast Division opponents; the Capitals are 4-1-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a record of 9-6-2 with a 3.06 goals against average and one shutout in 17 career games against the Capitals; Martin Biron
is 10-8-1-2 with a 2.58 goals against average and one shutout in 21 career appearances vs. Washington.
* Alex Frolov has registered 10 points (four goals, six assists) in nine career regular season contests vs. Washington; Sean Avery
has recorded nine points (five goals, four assists) in 11 career games vs. the Capitals.
* New York lists one former Capital on its roster: Steve Eminger
(2002-03 to 2007-08)
* Washington lists two former Rangers on its roster: Mike Knuble (1998-99 to 1999-00); Tom Poti (2001-02 to 2005-06).All Time -- Rangers vs. Capitals
At MSG: 45-36-9-2
At Washington: 35-47-9-32010-11 Rangers vs. Washington
Nov. 9 Rangers 3, Capitals 5 at MSG
Dec. 12 Rangers vs. Capitals at MSG
Jan. 24 Rangers vs. Capitals at Washington
Feb. 25 Rangers vs. Capitals at WashingtonUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 12 Rangers vs. Washington, 7 p.m.
Dec. 15 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Dec. 16 Rangers vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m.
Dec. 18 Rangers at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Dec. 23 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 31 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed 28 games with a broken finger.
* Derek Boogaard has missed one game with a shoulder injury.
* Steve Eminger
has missed one game with back spasms.
* The Rangers have lost 93 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.