| ||VS. || |
The Rangers begin a three-game homestand tonight when they face-off against the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and 10th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 25-25-7 (57 pts.). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1, on Tuesday at Staples Center, to wrap up their three-game Western Conference road trip with a 1-2-0 mark. The Capitals enter the contest riding a franchise record 11-game winning streak, and have posted a 38-12-6 (82 pts.) record to rank first in the Eastern Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will continue their three-game homestand on Saturday, Feb. 6, vs. the New Jersey Devils at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), and will conclude the homestand on Wednesday, Feb. 10, vs. the Nashville Predators (7:00 p.m.).Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Capitals Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 27th in the NHL at home with a record of 12-13-4 (28 pts.) in 29 games; the Capitals have posted a record of 17-9-3 (37 pts.) in 29 road games to rank second in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 6-5-3 vs. the Southeast Division; Washington has registered a 9-3-3 mark vs. the Atlantic Division .
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a record of 1-1-0 with a 3.03 goals against average in two appearances vs. Washington this season; Lundqvist is 9-4-2 with a 2.80 goals against average and one shutout in 15 career regular season appearances vs. the Capitals.
* Marian Gaborik
leads all skaters in scoring with four goals/points in two games vs. Washington this season.
* Vinny Prospal leads the team with 27 assists and 37 points in 56 career regular season contests vs. Washington; Olli Jokinen has tallied a team-high 14 goals in 50 career regular season appearances vs. the Capitals.
* New York lists one former Capital on its roster: Donald Brashear (2006-07 to 2008-09).
* Washington lists two former Rangers on its roster: Mike Knuble (1998-99 to 1999-00); Tom Poti (2001-02 to 2005-06).
All Time – Rangers vs. Capitals
At MSG: 45-35-9-2
At Washington: 35-46-9-32009-10 - Rangers vs. Washington
Oct. 8 Rangers 4, Capitals 3 at Washington
Nov. 17 Rangers 2, Capitals 4 at MSG
Feb. 4 Rangers vs. Capitals at MSG
March 6 Rangers vs. Capitals at WashingtonUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 4 Rangers vs. Washington, 7 p.m.
Feb. 6 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Feb. 10 Rangers vs. Nashville, 7 p.m.
Feb. 12 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 14 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 1 p.m.Injuries
* The Rangers have lost 51 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.