| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in their second meeting in eight days. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank 12th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 5-5-0 (10 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the New York Islanders, 4-1, on Thursday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 4-2-0 in their last six games. The Blueshirts are 4-1-0 in their last five games at Madison Square Garden. The Lightning enter the contest with a 6-4-0 (12 pts) record to rank third in the Eastern Conference, and have lost their last three contests. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Boston Bruins on Tuesday, Feb. 12, at TD Garden (7:30 p.m.), in an Original Six matchup.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 214.Rangers vs. Lightning Pregame Notes
* This is the second of three meetings this season, and the first of two meetings at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers are 1-0-0 overall, following a 3-2 win at Tampa Bay on Feb. 2. Carl Hagelin, Rick Nash and Derek Stepan each tallied a goal in the contest, while Martin Biron made 30 saves in the win.
* Seven of the last eight meetings between the Rangers and Lightning have been decided by one goal, including five that required extra time and two that went into the shootout.
* The Rangers have registered a point in 14 of their last 17 games against the Lightning (10-3-4 over the span), dating back to a 2-1 win at Tampa Bay on Oct. 4, 2008.
* Henrik Lundqvist has started 27 of the Rangers' last 29 contests against Tampa Bay, posting a record of 14-7-6 with a 2.16 GAA, .923 Sv% and two shutouts over the span.
* New York is tied for ninth in the NHL with a 4-2-0 (8 pts) record at home; Tampa Bay is tied for 23rd in the NHL with a 1-3-0 (2 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 1-0-0 vs. the Southeast Division this season; the Lightning are 1-4-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* New York lists four former Lightning on its roster: Steve Eminger (2008-09); Matt Gilroy (2011-12); Jeff Halpern (2007-08 to 2009-10); Brad Richards(2000-01 to 2007-08).
* Tampa Bay lists one former Ranger on its roster: Adam Hall (2006-07)
* Rangers' Head Coach John Tortorella served as Lightning Head Coach from 2000-01 to 2007-08, posting a record of 239-222-36-38 in 535 games while guiding Tampa Bay to four consecutive Stanley Cup Playoff appearances, two Southeast Division Championships (2002-03, 2003-04) and the franchise's only Stanley Cup Championship in 2003-04; Rangers' Assistant Coach Mike Sullivan served as an assistant coach with the Lightning in 2007-08 and 2008-09. All Time -- Rangers vs. Lightning
At MSG: 22-13-2-4
At Tampa Bay: 18-17-3-2 2013 Rangers vs. Lightning
Feb. 2 Rangers 3, Lightning 2 at Tampa
Feb. 10 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
Feb. 28 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 10 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 12 Rangers at Boston, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 14 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Feb. 17 Rangers vs. Washington, 6 p.m.
Feb. 19 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Dan Girardi his missed two games with an injury, suffered on Feb. 2.
* Michael Sauer has missed 10 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 21 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.