| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to conclude their three-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank second in the league overall, with a record of 33-13-5 (71 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 1-0, on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 16-5-1 in their last 22 games. New York has posted a record of 30-10-3 since Oct. 29, after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark. The Lightning enter the contest with a 23-24-5 (51 pts) record to rank 12th in the Eastern Conference, and have lost two of their last three games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday, Feb. 11, at Wells Fargo Center (1:00 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back weekend set.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 213.Rangers vs. Lightning Pregame Notes
* The Rangers are 8-3-3 in their last 14 games against the Lightning.
* Each of their last six meetings were decided by two goals or less, including four that were separated by one goal and three that required extra time.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has started each of the last 26 games against Tampa Bay, dating back to Nov. 10, 2005.
* New York ranks ninth with a 16-6-2 (34 pts) record at home; Tampa Bay ranks 26th with an 8-16-3 (19 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 10-2-1 vs. the Southeast Division; the Lightning are 5-7-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list three former Lightning on their roster: Steve Eminger
(2008-09); Ruslan Fedotenko
(2002-03 to 2006-07); Brad Richards
(2000-01 to 2007-08).
* Tampa Bay lists three former Rangers on its roster: Matt Gilroy (2009-10 to 2010-11); Adam Hall (2006-07); Dominic Moore (2003-04 to 2005-06). All Time -- Rangers vs. Lightning
At MSG: 21-13-2-4
At Tampa Bay: 17-16-3-22011-12 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay
Dec. 3 Rangers 4, Lightning 2 at Tampa
Dec. 8 Rangers 2, Lightning 3 (SO) at MSG
Feb. 9 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
March 2 Rangers vs. Lightning at TampaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 9 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Feb. 11 Rangers at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Feb. 12 Rangers vs. Washington, 12:30 p.m.
Feb. 14 Rangers at Boston, 7 p.m.
Feb. 16 Rangers vs. Chicago, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Michael Sauer
has missed 27 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* The Rangers have lost 163 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.