| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the first of three games in four days. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and fifth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 15-6-3 (33 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Toronto Maple Leafs, 4-2, on Monday at Madison Square Garden, to end their five-game winning streak. New York is now 12-3-0 in its last 15 contests. The Lightning enter the contest with an 11-14-2 (24 pts) record to rank 13th in the Eastern Conference, and have lost their last five games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday, Dec. 10, at First Niagara Center (7:00 p.m.), to begin a back-to-back set. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 214.Rangers vs. Lightning Pregame Notes
* The Rangers are 8-3-2 in their last 13 games against the Lightning.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has started each of the last 25 games against Tampa Bay, dating back to Nov. 10, 2005.
* New York ranks 14th with a 7-2-1 (15 pts) record at home; Tampa Bay ranks 26th with a 4-10-2 (10 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 6-1-0 record vs. Southeast Division opponents; the Lightning are 3-4-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 14-7-4 record with a 2.10 GAA and two shutouts in 25 career regular season games vs. Tampa Bay; Martin Biron
is 10-7-2-0 with a 2.66 GAA in 19 career regular season games vs. the Lightning.
* Marian Gaborik
leads the Rangers with 13 points (seven goals, six assists) in 12 career regular season games vs. Tampa Bay.
* The Rangers list three former Lightning on their roster: Steve Eminger
(2008-09); Ruslan Fedotenko
(2002-03 to 2006-07); Brad Richards
(2000-01 to 2007-08).
* Tampa Bay lists three former Rangers on its roster: Matt Gilroy (2009-10 to 2010-11); Adam Hall (2006-07); Dominic Moore (2003-04 to 2005-06).All Time -- Rangers vs. Lightning
At MSG: 21-13-2-3
At Tampa Bay: 17-16-3-22011-12 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay
Dec. 3 Rangers 4, Lightning 2 at Tampa
Dec. 8 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
Feb. 9 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
March 2 Rangers vs. Lightning at TampaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 8 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Dec. 10 Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Dec. 11 Rangers vs. Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Dec. 13 Rangers vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
Dec. 15 Rangers at St. Louis, 8 p.m. Injuries
* Marc Staal
has missed 24 games after being put on the Injured Reserve list on Oct. 5 due to a concussion.
* Mike Rupp
has missed 17 games due to a knee injury, suffered on Oct. 24.
* Wojtek Wolski has missed 13 games due to a groin injury, suffered on Nov. 3.
* The Rangers have lost 63 total man-game to injuries or illness this season.