| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning today at Madison Square Garden (1:00 p.m.), in the first game of a three-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 33-26-4 (70 pts). The Rangers enter today's contest having defeated the Washington Capitals, 6-0, on Friday at Verizon Center, and are now 4-2-0 in their last six games. The Lightning enter the contest with a 36-18-7 (79 pts) record to rank second in the Eastern Conference, and have lost three of their last five games (2-1-2). Following today's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday, Mar. 1, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), as they continue their three-game homestand. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Today!
Today's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers are tied for 24th with a 14-13-3 (31 pts) record at home; the Lightning rank 15th with a 15-11-3 (33 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 7-8-2 vs. the Southeast Division; the Lightning are 9-4-3 against the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 13-6-4 with a 2.11 goals against average and two shutouts in 23 career regular season games vs. Tampa Bay; Martin Biron
is 10-7-2-0 with a 2.66 goals against average in 19 career regular-season contests vs. Tampa Bay.
* Chris Drury has recorded a team-high 12 goals and 21 points in 32 career games vs. Tampa Bay.
* New York lists three former Lightning on its roster: Steve Eminger
(2008-09); Ruslan Fedotenko
(2002-03 to 2006-07); Vinny Prospal (2001-02 to 2002-03, 2005-06 to 2007-08, 2008-09).
* Tampa Bay lists two former Rangers on its roster: Adam Hall (2006-07); Dominic Moore (2003-04 to 2005-06). All Time – Rangers vs. Lightning
At MSG: 21-12-2-3
At Tampa Bay: 16-16-3-22010-11 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay
Nov. 24 Rangers 3, Lightning 5 at Tampa
Dec. 23 Rangers 3, Lightning 4 (SO) at MSG
Jan. 1 Rangers 1, Lightning 2 (OT) at Tampa
Feb. 27 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 27 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 1 p.m.
March 1 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
March 3 Rangers vs. Minnesota, 7 p.m.
March 4 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
March 6 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 12:30 p.m.Injuries
* Derek Boogaard has missed 33 games with a shoulder injury.
* Alex Frolov has missed 20 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed nine games with a knee injury.
* Marian Gaborik
has missed two games with concussion-like symptoms.
* Marc Staal
has missed one game with a knee injury.
* The Rangers have lost 240 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.