| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning today at Madison Square Garden (1:00 p.m.), in their final contest before the Olympic break. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and 11th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 27-27-7 (61 pts.). The Rangers enter today's contest having defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins, 3-2, in overtime on Friday at Mellon Arena, the Rangers' first win at Pittsburgh since a 4-3 overtime victory on Nov. 17, 2007. The Lightning currently own a 26-23-11 (63 pts.) record to rank ninth in the Eastern Conference. Following the Olympic Break, the Rangers will resume their regular season schedule on Tuesday, Mar. 2, when they will face-off against the Ottawa Senators at Scotiabank Place (7:30 p.m.).Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)Tune In Today!
Today's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Lightning Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 26th in the NHL at home with a record of 13-15-4 (30 pts.) in 32 games; the Lightning have posted a record of 9-16-5 (23 pts.) in 30 road games to rank 26th in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 6-6-3 vs. the Southeast Division; Tampa Bay has registered a 6-7-2 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a record of 1-1-0 with a 3.91 goals against average in two appearances vs. Tampa Bay this season; Lundqvist is 11-5-2 with a 2.03 goals against average and one shutout in 18 career regular season appearances vs. the Lightning.
* Marian Gabork tied his career-high with four assists in the Rangers' 8-2 win vs. Tampa Bay on Jan. 19 vs. Tampa Bay, the most by a Ranger in a single game since Jaromir Jagr tallied four assists on Oct. 26, 2002 at Phoenix; Gaborik leads the Blueshirts with four assists/points in two games this season vs. the Lightning.
* Forward Olli Jokinen leads the Rangers with 25 goals and 26 assists for 51 points in 50 career regular season contests vs. Tampa Bay.
* Defenseman Wade Redden
leads all team blueliners with eight goals and 16 assists for 24 points in 47 career regular season games vs. the Lightning.
* Chris Drury notched his second career hat trick, and first as a Ranger, on Nov. 6, 2008 vs. Tampa Bay.
* New York lists one former Lightning player on its roster: Vinny Prospal (2001-02 to 2002-03, 2005-06 to 2007-08, 2008-09).
* Tampa Bay lists no former Rangers on its roster.All Time – Rangers vs. Lightning
At MSG: 20-12-2-2
At Tampa Bay: 15-15-3-12009-10 - Rangers vs. Tampa Bay
Nov. 27 Rangers 1, Lightning 5 at Tampa
Jan. 19 Rangers 8, Lightning 2 at MSG
Feb. 14 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
April 2 Rangers vs. Lightning at TampaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 14 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 1 p.m.
Mar. 2 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Mar. 4 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Mar. 6 Rangers at Washington, 7 p.m.
Mar. 7 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.Injuries
* The Rangers have lost 52 manpower games due to injury or illness this season. Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
After going 2-0-1-0 on a three-game road trip last week, the Wolf Pack (25-22-3-4, 57 pts.) have lost their last two games, allowing a total of 13 goals in the process. The Pack fell to the Providence Bruins (Boston affiliate) by a score of 7-1 in Providence on Friday night, and then dropped a 6-4 decision at home to Bridgeport (Islanders affiliate) on Saturday night, their fourth straight home loss. The Wolf Pack are now 2-6-2-0 in their last 10 games, and find themselves tied with Providence and Bridgeport for fifth place in the Atlantic Division. Ken Gernander’s club starts a stretch of five games in seven days with a holiday matinee on Monday (1:00) at Portland, then returns home for games Wednesday (7:00) vs. Norfolk (Tampa Bay affiliate), Friday (7:00) against Bridgeport and Saturday (7:00) vs. Worcester (San Jose affiliate). The Pack wrap up the busy week with a visit to Bridgeport on Sunday (3:00).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com