| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the San Jose Sharks tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the third game of their six-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and 11th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 3-3-3 (9 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Ottawa Senators, 5-4, in the shootout on Saturday at Madison Square Garden, and have now registered at least one point in four of their last six games (3-2-1). The Sharks enter the contest with a 6-3-0 (12 pts) record to rank fifth in the Western Conference, and have won their last five games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday, Nov. 3, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), as they continue their six-game homestand. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Today!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 92.Rangers vs. Sharks Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have registered at least a point in seven of the last nine contests vs. the Sharks (6-2-1-0 over the span) dating back to Dec. 28, 2001.
* New York ranks 29th with a 0-1-1 (1 pt) record at home; San Jose ranks second with a 5-1-0 (10 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 0-0-2 record vs. Pacific Division opponents; the Sharks are 2-0-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 2-1-0 record with a 2.35 goals against average in four career regular season contests vs. San Jose; Martin Biron
is 2-3-0-1 with a 2.14 goals against average in seven career regular season games vs. the Sharks.
* Brad Richards
leads the Rangers with eight goals, 12 assists and 20 points in 24 career regular season contests vs. San Jose; Ryan Callahan
has tallied three goals and four points in four games vs. the Sharks.
* The Rangers list no former Sharks on their roster.
* San Jose lists no former Rangers on its roster. All Time -- Rangers vs. Sharks
At MSG: 8-3-1-0
At San Jose: 11-3-2-02010-11 Review -- Rangers vs. San Jose
March 12 Rangers 3, Sharks 2 (SO) at San Jose2011-12 Rangers vs. San Jose
Oct. 31 Rangers vs. San Jose at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 31 Rangers vs. San Jose at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 3 Rangers vs. Anaheim at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 5 Rangers vs. Montreal at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 6 Rangers vs. Winnipeg at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 9 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.Injuries
* Marc Staal
has missed nine games after being put on the Injured Reserve list on Oct. 5 due to a concussion.
* Mike Rupp
has missed two games due to a knee injury, suffered on Oct. 24.
* The Rangers have lost 20 total man-game to injuries or illness this season.