| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank first in the league overall, with a record of 29-11-4 (62 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Nashville Predators, 3-0, on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 12-3-0 in their last 15 games. New York has posted a record of 26-8-2 since Oct. 29, after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark. The Penguins enter the contest with a 24-17-4 (52 pts) record to rank seventh in the Eastern Conference, and have won their last three games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Boston Bruins on Saturday, Jan. 21, at TD Garden (1:00 p.m.), in an Original Six matinee match-up. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 212.Rangers vs. Penguins Pregame Notes
* New York ranks 11th with a 13-4-2 (28 pts) record at home; Nashville ranks 13th with an 11-8-1 (23 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have registered at least one point in nine of their last 10 meetings with the Penguins, posting a record of 7-1-2 over the span.
* The Blueshirts have won four straight games against the Penguins, having outscored Pittsburgh, 17-9, during the streak.
* New York ranks eighth with a 14-4-2 (30 pts) record at home; Pittsburgh ranks eighth with a 12-10-2 (26 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 9-1-0 record vs. Atlantic Division opponents; the Penguins are 5-6-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 22-13-5 record with a 2.39 GAA and two shutouts in 40 career regular season contests vs. Pittsburgh; Martin Biron
is 13-15-3-2 with a 2.98 GAA and two shutouts in 33 career regular season games vs. the Penguins.
* Brad Richards
leads the Rangers with 24 assists and 32 points in 29 career regular season contests vs. Pittsburgh; Marian Gaborik
has notched a team-high, nine goals (19 points) in 20 career regular season games vs. the Penguins.
* The Rangers list three former Penguins on their roster: Erik Christensen (2005-06 to 2007-08); Ruslan Fedotenko
(2008-09 to 2009-10); Mike Rupp
(2009-10 to 2010-11).
* Pittsburgh lists one former Ranger on its roster: Pascal Dupuis (2006-07). All Time -- Rangers vs. Penguins
At MSG: 65-46-9-3
At Pittsburgh: 52-51-14-52011-12 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
Nov. 29 Rangers 4, Penguins 3 at MSG
Jan. 6 Rangers 3, Penguins 1 at Pittsburgh
Jan. 19 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
Feb. 21 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
March 15 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
April 5 Rangers vs. Penguins at PittsburghUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 19 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Jan. 21 Rangers at Boston, 1 p.m.
Jan. 24 Rangers vs. Winnipeg, 7 p.m.
Jan. 31 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Feb. 1 Rangers at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m. Injuries
* Michael Sauer
has missed 20 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Steve Eminger
has missed 14 games with a shoulder injury, suffered on Dec. 17.
* Jeff Woywitka
has missed eight games with a foot injury, suffered on Dec. 30.
* The Rangers have lost 145 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.