| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins today at Madison Square Garden (3:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 29-24-4 (62 pts). The Rangers enter today's contest having been defeated by the Atlanta Thrashers, 3-2, on Friday at Philips Arena. Fifteen of the Blueshirts' last 19 games have been decided by one goal, including seven of their last eight home games. The Penguins enter the contest with a 35-18-4 (74 pts) record to rank fourth in the Eastern Conference, and have won nine of their last 13 games (9-4-0). Following today's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday, Feb. 17, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Today!
Today's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 25th with a 12-12-3 (27 pts) record at home; the Penguins rank 10th with a 15-8-3 (33 pts) mark on the road.
* New York is 8-6-1 vs. the Atlantic Division; Pittsburgh is 8-6-2 against the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 18-13-5 with a 2.40 goals against average and two shutouts in 36 career regular season games vs. the Penguins; Martin Biron
is 13-15-3-2 with a 2.98 goals against average and two shutouts in 33 career regular season contests vs. Pittsburgh.
* Marian Gaborik
has tallied seven goals and eight assists for 15 points in 16 career regular season contests vs. the Penguins; Wojtek Wolski has recorded four goals and four assists for eight points in six career regular season games vs. Pittsburgh.
* New York lists two former Penguins on its roster: Erik Christensen (2005-06 to 2007-08); Ruslan Fedotenko
(2008-09 to 2009-10).
* Pittsburgh lists one former Ranger on its roster: Pascal Dupuis (2006-07).All Time -- Rangers vs. Penguins
At MSG: 63-46-9-3
At Pittsburgh: 50-51-14-52010-11 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh
Nov. 15 Rangers 3, Penguins 2 (OT) at Pittsburgh
Nov. 29 Rangers 1, Penguins 3 at MSG
Dec. 15 Rangers 4, Penguins 1 at Pittsburgh
Feb. 1 Rangers 3, Penguins 4 (SO) at MSG
Feb. 13 Rangers vs. Penguins at MSG
March 20 Rangers vs. Penguins at PittsburghUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 13 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 3 p.m.
Feb. 17 Rangers vs. Los Angeles, 7 p.m.
Feb. 18 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Feb. 20 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 12:30 p.m.
Feb. 22 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Derek Boogaard has missed 27 games with a shoulder injury.
* Alex Frolov has missed 14 games with a knee injury.
* Ruslan Fedotenko
has missed nine games with a shoulder separation and appendectomy.
* Chris Drury has missed three games with a knee injury.
* The Rangers have lost 214 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.