| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Phoenix Coyotes tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to begin a stretch of four games in six days. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank first in the league overall, with a record of 26-9-4 (56 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins, 3-1, on Friday at CONSOL Energy Center to extend their winning streak to four games, and have won nine of their last 10 games. New York has posted a record of 23-6-2 since Oct. 29, after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark. The Coyotes enter the contest with a 20-17-5 (45 pts) record to rank 11th in the Western Conference, and have lost six of their last eight games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, Jan. 12, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to mark the midway point of their regular season schedule. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 214.Rangers vs. Coyotes Pregame Notes
* New York enters the contest with a two-game winning streak against Phoenix, dating back to a 4-3 shootout victory on Dec. 16, 2010.
* The Rangers have won seven of their last nine games against the Coyotes, including four of the last five meetings at MSG.
* New York ranks 12th with a 12-3-2 (26 pts) record at home; Phoenix ranks fourth with a 12-9-2 (26 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 3-1-2 record vs. Pacific Division opponents; the Coyotes are 2-3-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 3-0-0 record with a 2.00 GAA in three career regular season contests vs. Phoenix; Martin Biron
is 5-4-0-1 with a 2.38 GAA and one shutout in 11 career regular season games vs. the Coyotes.
* Marian Gaborik
leads the Rangers with 20 goals and 28 points in 28 career regular season contests vs. Phoenix; Brad Richards
has tallied a team-high, 13 assists in 26 career regular season games vs. the Coyotes.
* The Rangers list three former Coyotes on their roster: Brandon Prust
(2008-09); Mike Rupp
(2003-04 to 2005-06); Wojtek Wolski (2009-10 to 2010-11).
* Phoenix lists four former Rangers on its roster: Lauri Korpikoski (2008-09); Jason LaBarbera (2000-01 to 2003-04); Derek Morris (2008-09); Michal Rozsival (2005-06 to 2010-11). All Time -- Rangers vs. Coyotes
At MSG: 21-10-2-0
At Winnipeg/Phoenix: 16-14-4-02011-12 Rangers vs. Phoenix
Dec. 17 Rangers 3, Coyotes 2 at Phoenix
Jan. 10 Rangers vs. Coyotes at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 10 Rangers vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m.
Jan. 12 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
Jan. 14 Rangers at Toronto, 7 p.m.
Jan. 15 Rangers at Montreal, 7 p.m.
Jan. 17 Rangers vs. Nashville, 7:30 p.m.Injuries
* Wojtek Wolski has missed 28 games due to a groin injury, suffered on Nov. 3.
* Michael Sauer
has missed 15 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Steve Eminger
has missed nine games with a shoulder injury, suffered on Dec. 17.
* The Rangers have lost 124 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.