| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will conclude their ninth back-to-back set tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and fifth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 19-13-1 (39 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins, 4-1, on Wednesday night at CONSOL Energy Center to record their first regulation win in Pittsburgh since Jan. 19, 2006 (4-2). New York is now 12-6-0 in their last 18 games, and have won five of their last six on the road. The Coyotes enter the contest with a 14-9-6 (34 pts) record to rank 11th in the Western Conference, and have lost five of their last eight games (3-4-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday, Dec. 18, at Wells Fargo Center (1:00 p.m.).Download complete game notes
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 206.Rangers vs. Phoenix Pre-Game Notes
* The Blueshirts rank 24th in the NHL at home with a record of 7-8-1 (15 pts) in 16 games; the Coyotes have posted a record of 8-5-2 (18 pts) on the road to rank ninth in the league.
* The Rangers have not faced a Pacific Division opponent yet this season; the Coyotes are 0-1-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a record of 3-0-0 with a 2.00 goals against average in three career regular season games against the Coyotes; Martin Biron
is 3-4-0-1 with a 2.38 goals against average and one shutout in nine career regular season contests vs. Phoenix.
* Alex Frolov has tallied a team-high, 21 goals, 14 assists and 35 points in 43 career regular season contests vs. the Coyotes; Marian Gaborik
has registered 18 goals and 26 points in 26 career regular season games vs. Phoenix, including a team-high, three goals and four points in two games last season.
* New York lists one former Coyote on its roster: Brandon Prust
* Phoenix lists three former Rangers on its roster: Lauri Korpikoski (2008-09); Derek Morris (2008-09); Jason LaBarbera (2000-01 to 2003-04).All Time – Rangers vs. Coyotes
At MSG: 20-10-2-0
At Winnipeg/Phoenix: 15-14-4-02009-10 Review -- Rangers vs. Phoenix
Oct. 26 Rangers 5, Coyotes 2 at MSG
Jan. 30 Rangers 2, Coyotes 3 at Phoenix2010-11 Rangers vs. Phoenix
Dec. 16 Rangers vs. Coyotes at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 16 Rangers vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m.
Dec. 18 Rangers at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Dec. 23 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Dec. 27 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 29 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 33 games with a knee injury.
* Derek Boogaard has missed three games with a shoulder injury.
* The Rangers have lost 98 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.