| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will conclude their four-game homestand when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank ninth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 10-8-2 (22 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Buffalo Sabres, 3-2, in the shootout on Sunday at Madison Square Garden, to improve to 2-1-0 on their current four-game homestand. The Blueshirts have recorded at least a point in six of their last eight home games (5-2-1). The Flyers enter the contest with a 11-11-1 (23 pts) record to rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, and have won five of their last seven games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the New York Islanders on Thursday, Mar. 7, at Nassau Coliseum (7:00 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 7 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 216. Rangers vs. Flyers Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have won nine of their last 10 games against the Flyers, dating back to a 7-0 win at MSG on Mar. 6, 2011. The Blueshirts have outscored the Flyers, 37-16, over the span.
* The Blueshirts enter the contest with a five-game winning streak against Philadelphia at Madison Square Garden, outscoring the Flyers, 20-5, during the streak.
* New York ranks fifth in the NHL with an 8-4-1 (17 pts) record at home; Philadelphia ranks 18th in the NHL with a 4-8-0 (8 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 2-4-1 vs. the Atlantic Division this season; the Flyers are 3-4-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers list four former Flyers on their roster: Arron Asham (2008-09 to 2009-10); Martin Biron (2006-07 to 2008-09); Steve Eminger (2008-09); Darroll Powe (2008-09 to 2010-11).
* Philadelphia lists three former Rangers on its roster: Ruslan Fedotenko (2010-11 to 2011-12); Mike Knuble (1998-99 to 1999-00); Jody Shelley (2009-10).All Time -- Rangers vs. Flyers
At MSG: 61-47-23-4
At Philadelphia: 56-61-14-32013 Rangers vs. Philadelphia
Jan. 24 Rangers 1, Flyers 2 at Philadelphia
Jan. 29 Rangers 2, Flyers 1 at MSG
March 5 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
March 26 Rangers vs. Flyers at Philadelphia
April 16 Rangers vs. Flyers at PhiladelphiaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 5 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.
March 7 Rangers at N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
March 8 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
March 10 Rangers at Washington, 12:30 p.m.
March 12 Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Arron Asham has missed five games with an injury.
* Michael Sauer has missed 20 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 46 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.