| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will continue a three-game homestand when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup. The Blueshirts enter tonight's contest with a 2-3-0 (4 pts) record, following a 5-2 win against the Maple Leafs on Saturday at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers have now recorded a point in 11 of their last 13 meetings with the Maple Leafs (9-2-2 over the span), having outscored Toronto, 48-25, during the stretch. New York has won two of their last three contests, including two straight at home. The Flyers enter the contest with a 2-4-0 (4 pts) record, following a 5-1 loss on Sunday at Tampa Bay. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will conclude their three-game homestand when they face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday, Jan. 31, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 213.Rangers vs. Flyers Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have won eight of their last nine games against the Flyers, dating back to a 7-0 win at MSG on Mar. 6, 2011. The Blueshirts have outscored the Flyers, 35-15, over the span.
* The Blueshirts enter the contest with a four-game winning streak against Philadelphia at Madison Square Garden, outscoring the Flyers, 18-4, during the streak.
* New York is tied for eighth in the NHL with a 2-1-0 (4 pts) record at home; Philadelphia ranks 22nd in the NHL with a 1-3-0 (2 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 0-2-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season; the Flyers are 1-2-0 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* New York lists three former Flyers on its roster: Arron Asham (2008-09 to 2009-10); Martin Biron (2006-07 to 2008-09); Steve Eminger (2008-09).
* Philadelphia lists two former Rangers on its roster: Ruslan Fedotenko (2010-11 to 2011-12); Jody Shelley (2009-10). All Time -- Rangers vs. Flyers
At MSG: 60-47-23-4
At Philadelphia: 56-61-14-3 2013 Rangers vs. Philadelphia
Jan. 24 Rangers 1, Flyers 2 at Philadelphia
Jan. 29 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
March 5 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
March 26 Rangers vs. Flyers at Philadelphia
April 16 Rangers vs. Flyers at PhiladelphiaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 29 Rangers vs. Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Jan. 31 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Feb. 2 Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Feb. 5 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Feb. 7 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Chris Kreider has missed one game due to an ankle injury, diagnosed on Jan. 25.
* Michael Sauer has missed four games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost eight total man-games to injuries or illness this season.