| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Ottawa Senators today at Madison Square Garden (3:00 p.m.), in the second game of their six-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and 11th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 3-3-2 (8 pts). The Rangers enter today's contest having been defeated by the Toronto Maple Leafs, 4-2, on Thursday in their 2011-12 home opener at Madison Square Garden, and have now won three of their last five games. The loss ended the Blueshirts' franchise record seven-game point streak in home openers, dating back to the 2003-04 season (4-0-1-2 over the span). Today's contest marks the Rangers' sixth consecutive game against a Canadian opponent. The Senators enter the contest with a 5-5-0 (10 pts) record to rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, and have won their last four games. Following today's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the San Jose Sharks on Monday, Oct. 31, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the third game of their six-game homestand. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Today!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 EsPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 92.Rangers vs. Senators Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have registered at least a point in eight of the last 11 contests vs. the Senators, posting a record of 7-3-1 over the span. New York has out-scored Ottawa, 27-18, during the stretch.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has appeared in 23 consecutive games vs. Ottawa dating back to Dec. 26, 2005.
* New York ranks 29th with an 0-1-0 record at home; Ottawa ranks 27th with a 1-3-0 (2 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 0-1-0 record vs. Northeast Division opponents; the Senators are 0-1-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Lundqvist has posted a 10-11-1 record with a 1.93 goals against average and one shutout in 23 career regular season contests vs. Ottawa; Martin Biron
is 14-9-2-2 with a 2.79 goals against average and two shutouts in 30 career regular season games vs. the Senators.
* Brad Richards
leads the Rangers with 11 goals, 11 assists and 22 points in 31 career regular season contests vs. Ottawa; Marian Gaborik
has tallied 13 points (five goals, eight assists) in 12 games vs. the Senators.
* New York lists no former Senators on its roster
* Ottawa lists one former Ranger on its roster: Alex Auld (2009-10) All Time -- Rangers vs. Senators
At MSG: 14-20-0-1
At Ottawa: 18-13-3-12010-11 Review -- Rangers vs. Ottawa
Dec. 5 Rangers 1, Senators 3 at MSG
Dec. 9 Rangers 5, Senators 3 at Ottawa
March 4 Rangers 4, Senators 1 at Ottawa
March 24 Rangers 1, Senators 2 (SO) at MSG2011-12 Rangers vs. Ottawa
Oct. 29 Rangers vs. Senators at MSG
Nov. 9 Rangers vs. Senators at Ottawa
Jan. 12 Rangers vs. Senators at MSG
March 8 Rangers vs. Senators at OttawaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Oct. 29 Rangers vs. Ottawa at MSG, 3 p.m.
Oct. 31 Rangers vs. San Jose at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 3 Rangers vs. Anaheim at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 5 Rangers vs. Montreal at MSG, 7 p.m.
Nov. 6 Rangers vs. Winnipeg at MSG, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Marc Staal
has missed eight games after being put on the Injured Reserve list on Oct. 5 due to a concussion.
* Mike Rupp
has missed one game due to a knee injury, suffered on Oct. 24.
* The Rangers have lost 18 total man-game to injuries or illness this season.