| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will begin a home-and-home set against the Ottawa Senators tonight, Dec. 5, at Madison Square Garden (5:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and sixth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 16-11-1 (33 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the New York Islanders, 2-0, on Friday at MSG, to complete their sweep of the home-and-home set against the Islanders. The last time the Rangers swept a back-to-back set against the Islanders was on Mar. 28, 2001 at MSG (4-2) and Mar. 29, 2001 at Nassau Coliseum (6-4). The Blueshirts are now 6-2-0 in their last eight games. The Senators enter the contest with a 11-14-2 (24 pts) record to rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, and have lost eight of their last 10 games (2-7-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will conclude their home-and-home set against the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, Dec. 9, at Scotiabank Place (7:30 p.m.), after a four-day break. Download complete game notes
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 204.Rangers vs. Ottawa Pre-Game Notes
* The Blueshirts rank 20th in the NHL at home with a record of 6-7-1 (13 pts) in 14 games; the Senators have posted a record of 4-7-1 (9 pts) on the road to rank 27th in the league.
* The Rangers have posted a record of 5-1-1 vs. Northeast Division opponents; the Senators are 1-3-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
was 3-1-0 with a 1.23 goals-against average and a .961 save percentage in four appearances vs. the Senators last season, and is 8-10-0 with a 1.97 goals against average and one shutout in 19 career regular-season games against Ottawa; Martin Biron
is 14-9-2-2 with a 2.79 goals against average and two shutouts in 30 career regular season contests vs. the Senators.
* Brandon Dubinsky
led the Rangers in scoring with four points and three goals in three games vs. the Senators last season, and Marian Gaborik
tallied three points (one goal, two assists) in the season series.
* Marian Gaborik
has tallied five goals and six assists for 11 points in nine career regular-season contests vs. the Senators.
* New York lists two former Senators on its roster: Vinny Prospal (1997-98 to 2000-01); Todd White (2000-01 to 2003-04).
* Ottawa lists one former Ranger on its roster: Alex Kovalev (1992-93 to 1998-99, 2002-03 to 2003-04).All Time – Rangers vs. Senators
At MSG: 14-19-0-0
At Ottawa: 16-13-3-12009-10 Review -- Rangers vs. Ottawa
Oct. 3 Rangers 5, Senators 2 at MSG
Nov. 14 Rangers 2, Senators 1 (SO) at Ottawa
Jan. 14 Rangers 0, Senators 2 at MSG
March 2 Rangers 4, Senators 1 at Ottawa2010-11 Rangers vs. Ottawa
Dec. 5 Rangers vs. Senators at MSG
Dec. 9 Rangers vs. Senators at Ottawa
March 4 Rangers vs. Senators at Ottawa
March 24 Rangers vs. Senators at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 5 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 5 p.m.
Dec. 9 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Dec. 11 Rangers at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Dec. 12 Rangers vs. Washington, 7 p.m.
Dec. 15 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 28 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed 25 games with a broken finger.
* The Rangers have lost 85 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.