| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Ottawa Senators tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their third of four meetings this season. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and sixth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 22-17-7 (51 pts.). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the New Jersey Devils, 1-0, in the shootout on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, and have now recorded a point in 12 of their last 13 contests (8-1-4). The Senators enter the contest with a 22-21-4 (48 pts.) record, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will face-off against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, Jan. 16, at Scottrade Center (8:00 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)Tune In Tonight!
Today's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Senators Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 23rd in the NHL at home with a record of 10-10-4 (24 pts.) in 24 games; the Senators have posted a record of 6-13-1 (13 pts.) in 20 road games to rank 29th in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 8-1-1 vs. the Northeast Division; Ottawa has registered a 5-7-1 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a record of 2-0-0 with a 1.44 goals against average in two appearances vs. the Senators this season; Lundqvist is 7-9-0 with a 2.09 goals against average and one shutout in 17 career regular season contests vs. Ottawa.
* Vinny Prospal leads the team with 21 assists and 26 points in 35 career regular season contests vs. Ottawa; Marian Gaborik
has notched five goals and 11 points in eight career regular season appearances vs. the Senators.
* Hats Off - Gaborik (Mar. 16, 2004) and Christopher Higgins (Apr. 6, 2009) have each recorded a hat trick vs. Ottawa.
* First Goal - Ales Kotalik (Mar. 19, 2002) and Michael Del Zotto
(Oct. 3, 2009) both tallied their first career NHL goal vs. Ottawa.
* NHL Debut - Donald Brashear (Nov. 15, 1993) and Chris Drury (Oct. 10, 1998) each made their NHL debut vs. the Senators.
* New York lists two former Senators on its roster: Prospal (1997-98 to 2000-01); Wade Redden
(1996-97 to 2007-08).
* Ottawa lists one former Ranger on its roster: Alex Kovalev (1992-93 to 1997-98, 2002-03 to 2003-04)All Time – Rangers vs. Senators
At MSG: 14-18-0-0
At Ottawa: 15-13-3-12009-10 - Rangers vs. Ottawa
Oct. 3 Rangers 5, Senators 2 at MSG
Nov. 14 Rangers 2, Senators 1 (SO) at Ottawa
Jan. 14 Rangers vs. Senators at MSG
March 2 Rangers vs. Senators at OttawaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 14 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
Jan. 16 Rangers at St. Louis, 8 p.m.
Jan. 17 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.
Jan. 19 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Jan. 21 Rangers at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.Injuries
* The Rangers have lost 51 manpower games due to injury or illness this season. Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (21-15-1-4, 47 pts.) claimed sole possession of fourth place in the AHL’s Atlantic Division this past week, by splitting four road games. The week began with a 3-2 loss to the Lowell Devils (New Jersey affiliate) on Wednesday at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The Pack then scored a 5-2 win in Worcester (San Jose affiliate) Friday, against a Shark team that came into the game on a six-game winning streak. The Albany River Rats (Carolina) turned the Wolf Pack back, 3-1, at the Times-Union Center in Albany Saturday, but the Pack finished the weekend with a 2-1 overtime win Sunday at Providence (Boston affiliate), the club’s fifth OT triumph of the season. Ken Gernander’s squad has now won six of its last eight games, and has at least a standings point in 10 of its last 13 outings (8-3-0-2). The Wolf Pack are now off until Saturday night (7:00), when they host Providence at the XL Center, and the Pack’s last game before the AHL All-Star break is Sunday (3:00) at Manchester (Los Angeles affiliate).
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com