| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the New Jersey Devils today at Madison Square Garden (3:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 23-17-4 (50 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Buffalo Sabres, 8-4, on Friday at First Niagara Center, and are now 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. New York has won four of their last five games, and are 6-2-1 since the trade deadline. The Devils are 17-17-10 (44 pts), following their 6-2 win over Florida on Saturday. They rank 10th in the Eastern Conference and have lost 10 of their last 12 games. Following today's contest, the Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, Apr. 23, at BB&T Center (7:30 p.m.), in their second meeting in five days.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Today!
Today's game will be televised nationally on NBC. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7) and on satellite radio at XM 92.Rangers vs. Devils Pregame Notes
* The Rangers and Devils have been separated by two goals or less in 15 of their last 19 meetings.
* The Rangers have registered a point in 14 of their last 21 games against the Devils (12-7-2 over the span), dating back to a 3-0 win at Madison Square Garden on Mar. 30, 2009.
* New York ranks 10th in the NHL with a 14-6-2 (30 pts) record at home; New Jersey ranks 20th in the NHL with a 6-8-8 (20 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 8-6-2 vs. the Atlantic Division this season; the Devils are 9-4-2 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers list one former Devil on their roster: Arron Asham (2007-08).
* New Jersey lists no former Rangers on its roster. All Time -- Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 56-30-20-2
On Road: 46-55-7-42013 Rangers vs. New Jersey
Feb 5 Rangers 1, Devils 3 at New Jersey
March 19 Rangers 3, Devils 2 at New Jersey
April 21 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
April 27 Rangers vs. Devils at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
April 21 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 3 p.m.
April 23 Rangers at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
April 25 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
April 27 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 3 p.m.Injuries
* Marc Staal has missed 23 games with an injury, suffered on March 5.
* Brian Boyle has missed two game with an injury, suffered on April 16.
* Derek Dorsett has missed nine games due to a broken clavicle, suffered on March 7.
* Michael Sauer has missed 44 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 117 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.