| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the New Jersey Devils tonight at Madison Square Garden (8:00 p.m.), in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Final. New York is coming off a 2-1 win on Saturday at Madison Square Garden, in Game 7 of their Conference Semifinal series against the Washington Capitals. The Blueshirts improved to 5-0 all-time in Game 7s played at MSG, and 38-28 in potential series clinchers as they advanced to the Conference Final for the first time since 1997. The Rangers enter tonight's contest with a 206-222-8 record all-time in 436 playoff contests (115-86-2 at home; 91-136-6 on the road). New York has posted a 43-47-5 record all-time in Game 1 of playoff series.
• Download complete game notes >>
• Download Rangers Playoff Media Guide >>*
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free)
Tune In Tonight!Rangers vs. Devils Pregame Notes
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (98.7 FM) and on satellite radio at XM 92. Tune to MSG Network immediately following the live broadcast for a one-hour Rangers-Devils postgame show..
* The Rangers were 3-2-1 overall (2-1-0 at home; 1-1-1 on the road) against the Devils during the 2011-12 season. Four of their six meetings were decided by two goals or less. Carl Hagelin led all skaters with six assists and eight points in the season series against New Jersey. Henrik Lundqvist was 3-2-0 with a 1.41 goals-against average, .940 save percentage and one shutout, while Martin Biron made 26 saves in his only appearance (4-3 shootout loss).
* Thirteen of their last 17 Rangers-Devils regular season meetings have been decided by two goals or less.
* The Rangers did not tally a goal in two power-play attempts (3:38) in Game 7 vs. Washington, and are now 9-for-57 (15.8 percent) in 14 playoff contests. New York is 1-for-1 in five-on-three situations (0:40; last - 4/23 at OTT), and 0-for-1 while skating four-on-three (0:30; last - 4/23 at OTT).
* The Blueshirts held the Capitals scoreless in one shorthanded situation (1:38) in Game 7, and are now 38-for-46 (82.6 percent) in 14 playoff contests. New York is 1-for-1 in three-on-five situations (0:33; last - 4/28 vs. WSH).
* The Rangers have won their last seven playoff series in which they held home-ice advantage, including a 4-3 series win against New Jersey in the 1994 Conference Final.
* The Rangers have posted a 32-11 series record when winning Game 1, including wins in seven of the last eight playoff series in which they won the opening game.
* Eleven of the Rangers’ 14 playoff games have been decided by one goal, including four that were decided in OT. The other three games were decided by two goals. The Blueshirts and Capitals were separated by one goal in six of seven games, with two games requiring OT, and were tied or separated by one goal for 91.1 percent of the total playing time in the series.
* The Blueshirts have seven players with previous playoff experience against the Devils, led by Brad Richards (11 GP) who has registered three goals and eight assists against New Jersey entering the series.
* The Rangers list one former Devil on their roster: Mike Rupp (2002-03 to 2003-04, 2006-07 to 2008-09).
* New Jersey lists one former Ranger on its roster: Petr Sykora (2005-06).
Rangers vs. Devils Playoff History
The Rangers and Devils are meeting in the playoffs for the sixth time overall and the third time in seven years. Their last postseason encounter was in the 2008 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, a series won by the Rangers, 4-1. Overall, the Blueshirts have a 4-1 playoff series record vs. the Devils, posting a 16-12 mark in 28 postseason contests.
All-Time Rangers Playoff Records
Goals for: 1,204
Goals against: 1,198
All Time Regular Season -- Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 56-30-20-2
On Road: 45-54-7-4
2011-12 Rangers vs. New Jersey
Dec. 20 Rangers 4, Devils 1 at New Jersey
Jan. 31 Rangers 3, Devils 4 (SO) at New Jersey
Feb. 7 Rangers 0, Devils 1 at MSG
Feb. 27 Rangers 2, Devils 0 at MSG
March 6 Rangers 1, Devils 4 at New Jersey
March 19 Rangers 4, Devils 2 at MSG
Rangers-Devils Series Schedule
May 14 Rangers vs. Devils, 8 p.m.
May 16 Rangers vs. Devils, 8 p.m.
May 19 Rangers at New Jersey, 1 p.m.
May 21 Rangers at New Jersey, 8 p.m.
May 23 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 8 p.m.*
May 25 Rangers at New Jersey, 8 p.m.*
May 27 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 8 p.m.
* -- if necessary
* Michael Sauer has missed 14 playoff games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Mats Zuccarello has missed 14 playoff games with a fractured wrist suffered on March 23.
* Brandon Dubinsky has missed seven playoff games with an injury suffered on April 26.
* The Rangers have lost 45 total man-games to injuries or illness during this postseason.