| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the New Jersey Devils tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.; TV: NBC Sports Network; Radio: 1050 ESPN Radio), in an Atlantic Division match-up. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank second in the league overall, with a record of 44-20-7 (95 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Colorado Avalanche, 3-1, on Saturday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 2-2-0 on their current seven-game homestand. The Devils enter the contest with a 41-26-5 (87 pts) record to rank sixth in the Eastern Conference, and have lost two of their last three games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday, Mar. 21, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 212.Rangers vs. Devils Pregame Notes
* Tonight is the sixth and final meeting between the Rangers and Devils this season, and the third at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers are 2-2-1 overall (1-1-0 at home; 1-1-1 on the road) against the Devils this season. Three of the five meetings have been decided by two goals or less. Carl Hagelin leads the Rangers with four assists and six points against the Devils, and he is tied with Marian Gaborik (two goals, three assists) for the team lead with two goals. Henrik Lundqvist is 2-2-0 with a 1.26 goals-against average, a .947 save percentage and one shutout vs. New Jersey, while Martin Biron is 0-0-1 in 2.77 goals-against average and .897 save percentage.
* Twelve of the last 16 Rangers-Devils games have been decided by two goals or fewer.
* The Rangers rank sixth with a 24-9-2 (50 pts) record at home; New Jersey ranks fourth with a 21-13-2 (44 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 13-6-2 vs. the Atlantic Division; the Devils are 12-9-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list one former Devil on their roster: Mike Rupp (2002-03 to 2003-04, 2006-07 to 2008-09).
* New Jersey lists one former Ranger on its roster: Petr Sykora (2005-06).
All Time -- Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 55-30-20-2
On Road: 45-54-7-4
2011-12 Rangers vs. New Jersey
Dec. 20 Rangers 4, Devils 1 at New Jersey
Jan. 31 Rangers 3, Devils 4 (SO) at New Jersey
Feb. 7 Rangers 0, Devils 1 at MSG
Feb. 27 Rangers 2, Devils 0 at MSG
March 6 Rangers 1, Devils 4 at New Jersey
March 19 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 19 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7:30 p.m.
March 21 Rangers vs. Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
March 23 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
March 24 Rangers at Toronto, 7 p.m.
March 27 Rangers at Minnesota, 8 p.m.
* Michael Sauer has missed 47 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Artem Anisimov has missed one game with an injury suffered on March 15.
* Steve Eminger has missed one game with an injury suffered on March 15.
* The Rangers have lost 206 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.