| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Buffalo Sabres tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to close out their back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank third in the league overall, with a record of 38-15-6 (82 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the New York Islanders, 4-3, in the shootout on Friday night at Nassau Coliseum, and are now 9-3-2 in their last 14 games. The Blueshirts are 21-7-2 in their last 30 contests, dating back to Dec. 17, and have registered at least one point in 39 of their last 51 games since Oct. 29 (35-12-4) after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark. The Sabres enter the contest with a 27-27-7 (61 pts) record to rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, and have won their last three games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the New Jersey Devils on Monday, Feb. 27, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 212.Rangers vs. Devils Pregame Notes
* The Rangers are one win shy of 100 all-time against the New Jersey Devils' franchise.
* 11 of their last 15 meetings between the Rangers and Devils have been decided by two goals or less.
* The Rangers rank fifth with a 20-7-2 (42 pts) record at home; New Jersey is tied for fourth with a 19-10-1 (39 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 11-4-2 vs. the Atlantic Division; the Devils are 8-5-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers lists one former Devil on their roster: Mike Rupp
(2002-03 to 2003-04, 2006-07 to 2008-09).
* New Jersey lists one former Ranger on its roster: Petr Sykora (2005-06). All Time -- Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 54-30-20-2
On Road: 45-53-7-42011-12 Rangers vs. New Jersey
Dec. 20 Rangers 4, Devils 1 at New Jersey
Jan. 31 Rangers 3, Devils 4 (SO) at New Jersey
Feb. 7 Rangers 0, Devils 1 at MSG
Feb. 27 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
March 6 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
March 19 Rangers vs. Devils at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 27 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7:30 p.m.
March 1 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
March 2 Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
March 4 Rangers vs. Boston, 12:30 p.m.
March 6 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Michael Sauer
has missed 36 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* The Rangers have lost 178 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.