| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the New Jersey Devils tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their second meeting in a week. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank second in the league overall, with a record of 33-12-5 (71 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Philadelphia Flyers, 5-2, on Sunday at Madison Square Garden for their fourth win in five games, and are now 16-4-1 in their last 21 games. New York has posted a record of 30-9-3 since Oct. 29, after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark. The Devils enter the contest with a 30-19-3 (63 pts) record to rank sixth in the Eastern Conference, and have won their last four games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday, Feb. 9, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to conclude their three-game homestand. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 212.Rangers vs. Devils Pregame Notes
* The Rangers enter the contest with a five-game winning streak against the Flyers, having outscored Philadelphia, 19-6, over the span.
* The Rangers are one win shy of 100 all-time against the New Jersey Devils' franchise.
* 10 of their last 14 meetings have been decided by two goals or less.
* Martin Biron
's start in net on Jan. 31 at New Jersey ended Henrik Lundqvist
's streak of 32 consecutive starts against the Devils. The last Rangers goalie other than Lundqvist to start against New Jersey was Kevin Weekes on Dec. 17, 2006.
* New York ranks eighth with a 16-5-2 (34 pts) record at home; New Jersey is tied for sixth with a 15-10-1 (31 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 10-2-1 vs. the Atlantic Division; the Devils are 7-5-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* New York lists one former Devil on their roster: Mike Rupp
(2002-03 to 2003-04, 2006-07 to 2008-09).
* New Jersey lists one former Ranger on their roster: Petr Sykora (2005-06).All Time -- Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 54-29-20-2
On Road: 45-53-7-42011-12 Rangers vs. New Jersey
Dec. 20 Rangers 4, Devils 1 at New Jersey
Jan. 31 Rangers 3, Devils 4 (SO) at New Jersey
Feb. 7 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Feb. 27 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
March 6 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
March 19 Rangers vs. Devils at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 7 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Feb. 9 Rangers vs. Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Feb. 11 Rangers at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Feb. 12 Rangers vs. Washington, 12:30 p.m.
Feb. 14 Rangers at Boston, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Michael Sauer
has missed 26 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* The Rangers have lost 162 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.