| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the New Jersey Devils tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and sixth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 29-20-4 (62 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Pittsburgh Penguins, 4-3, in the shootout on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 10-6-2 in their last 18 games at home. New York has registered a point in 25 of their last 38 games (22-13-3). The Devils enter the contest with a 17-30-3 (37 pts) record to rank 15th in the Eastern Conference, and have registered a point in eight of their last nine games (7-1-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will begin a three-game road trip when they face-off against the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday, Feb. 5, at Bell Centre (2:00 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 207.Rangers vs. New Jersey Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 20th with a 12-11-3 (27 pts) record at home; the Devils rank 30th with a 7-17-1 (15 pts) mark on the road.
* New York is 8-5-1 vs. the Atlantic Division; New Jersey is 4-10-0 against the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 21-7-5 with a 1.81 goals against average and five shutouts in 33 career regular season games vs. New Jersey; Martin Biron
is 8-15-2-2 with a 3.20 goals against average and two shutouts in 29 career regular season games vs. New Jersey.
* Chris Drury leads the Rangers with 13 goals in 40 career regular season contests vs. the Devils; Vinny Prospal has tallied a team-high, 21 assists and 31 points in 47 career regular season games vs. New Jersey.
* New York lists no former Devils on its roster.
* New Jersey lists no former Rangers on its roster.All Time -- Rangers vs. Devils
At MSG: 53-28-20-2
On Road: 44-52-7-32010-11 Rangers vs. New Jersey
Oct. 24 Rangers 3, Devils 1 at MSG
Nov. 5 Rangers 3, Devils 0 at New Jersey
Dec. 29 Rangers 3, Devils 1 at New Jersey
Feb. 3 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Feb. 18 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
April 9 Rangers vs. Devils at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 3 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Feb. 5 Rangers at Montreal, 2 p.m.
Feb. 7 Rangers at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 11 Rangers at Atlanta, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 13 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, TBDInjuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 53 games with a knee injury.
* Derek Boogaard has missed 23 games with a shoulder injury.
* Erik Christensen has missed 15 games with a sprained knee.
* Alex Frolov has missed 10 games with a knee injury.
* Ruslan Fedotenko
has missed five games with a shoulder separation.
* The Rangers have lost 198 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.