| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Montreal Canadiens tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 37-30-4 (78 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the New York Islanders, 6-3, on Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 4-1-0 in their last five games. The Canadiens enter the contest with a 39-25-7 (85 pts) record to rank sixth in the Eastern Conference, and have won two of their last three games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday, Mar. 20, at CONSOL Energy Center (12:30 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG2. Click here for complete MSG2 channel listings
. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 204.Rangers vs. Canadiens Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 25th with a 16-16-3 (35 pts) record at home; the Canadiens rank 18th with a 17-16-1 (35 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 8-6-1 vs. the Northeast Division; the Canadiens are 10-7-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 10-8-2 with a 2.94 goals against average and one shutout in 21 career regular season appearances vs. Montreal; Chad Johnson
has yet to face the Canadiens.
* Vinny Prospal has recorded a team-high 15 goals and 34 points in 47 career regular season games vs. the Canadiens; Bryan McCabe has registered a team-high 23 assists and 34 points in 67 career regular season contests vs. Montreal.
* New York lists no former Canadiens on its roster.
* Montreal lists four former Rangers on their roster: Alex Auld (2009-10); Nigel Dawes (2006-07 to 2008-09); Scott Gomez (2007- 08 to 2008-09); Paul Mara (2006-07 to 2008-09).
* Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh
was originally selected as the Canadiens' first round choice, 12th overall, in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.All Time -- Rangers vs. Canadiens
At MSG: 124-123-54-1
At Montreal: 64-195-40-22010-11 Rangers vs. Montreal
Jan. 11 Rangers 1, Canadiens 2 at MSG
Jan. 15 Rangers 2, Canadiens 3 at Montreal
Feb. 5 Rangers 0, Canadiens 2 at Montreal
March 18 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 18 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.
March 20 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 12:30 p.m.
March 22 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
March 24 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
March 26 Rangers at Boston, 1 p.m.
* Derek Boogaard has missed 41 games with a shoulder injury.
* Alex Frolov has missed 28 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed 17 games with a knee injury.
* Martin Biron
has missed seven games with a fractured collarbone.
* The Rangers have lost 280 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.