| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the New York Islanders tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to begin a seven-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank third in the league overall, with a record of 42-18-7 (91 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Chicago Blackhawks, 4-3, on Friday at United Center, and are now 13-6-3 in their last 22 games. The Islanders have posted a record of 28-31-9 (65 pts) to rank 14th in the Eastern Conference, and have lost four of their last six games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday, Mar. 13, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), as they continue their seven-game homestand.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 216.Rangers vs. Islanders Pregame Notes
* Tonight is the Rangers and Islanders' sixth and final meeting this season, and the third at MSG. The Rangers are 3-1-1 overall (2-0-0 at home; 1-1-1 on the road), following a 4-3 shootout loss on Feb. 24 at Long Island. The Rangers have out-scored the Islanders, 16-11, including an 8-3 advantage in the second period. Marian Gaborik
(four goals, one assist) and Ryan Callahan
(one goal, four assists) are tied for the team-high in scoring with five points apiece. Henrik Lundqvist
is 2-1-0 with a 1.68 GAA, .947 Sv% and one shutout in three games, while Martin Biron
is 1-0-1 with a 2.41 GAA and .906 Sv% in two games.
* The Rangers have registered at least one point in eight of their last 10 games against the Islanders, posting a record of 7-2-1 over the span.
* The Rangers rank sixth with a 22-7-2 (46 pts) record at home; the Islanders ranks 22nd with a 13-6-4 (30 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 12-5-2 vs. the Atlantic Division; the Islanders are 6-11-2 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list two former Islanders on their roster: Martin Biron
(2009-10); Ruslan Fedotenko
* The Islanders list one former Ranger on their roster: PA Parenteau (2009-10). All Time – Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 67-37-11-4
At Uniondale: 48-62-8-22011-12 Rangers vs. Islanders
Oct. 15 Rangers 2, Islanders 4 at Uniondale
Nov. 15 Rangers 4, Islanders 2 at Uniondale
Dec. 22 Rangers 4, Islanders 2 at MSG
Dec. 26 Rangers 3, Islanders 0 at MSG
Feb. 24 Rangers 3, Islanders 4 (SO) at Uniondale
March 11 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 11 Rangers vs. Islanders, 7 p.m.
March 13 Rangers vs. Carolina, 7:30 p.m.
March 15 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
March 17 Rangers vs. Colorado, 7 p.m. Injuries
* Michael Sauer
has missed 43 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Brandon Dubinsky
has missed two games with an injury, suffered on March 6.
* Michael Del Zotto
has missed one game with a hip injury, suffered on March 8.
* The Rangers have lost 192 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.