| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the New York Islanders tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 20-14-2 (42 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Tampa Bay Lightning, 4-3, in the shootout on Thursday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 13-7-1 in their last 21 games. New York has earned a point in seven of their last 10 games at MSG (6-3-1). The Islanders enter the contest with a 9-18-6 (24 pts) record to rank 14th in the Eastern Conference, and have earned a point in each of their last five games (4-0-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will begin a three-game road trip when they face-off against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday, Dec. 29, at Prudential Center (7:00 p.m.). Download complete game notes
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 206.Rangers vs. Islanders Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 22nd with a 8-8-2 (18 pts) record at home; the Islanders rank 29th with a 3-11-3 (9 pts) mark on the road.
* The Blueshirts have notched four goals in 11 power play opportunities (36.4%) in three games vs. the Islanders this season.
* The Rangers are 6-4-0 vs. the Atlantic Division; the Islanders are 3-5-1 against the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 19-9-5 with a 2.11 goals against average and three shutouts in 34 career games vs. the Islanders; Martin Biron
is 20-4-1-0 with a 2.00 goals against average and two shutouts in 26 career contests vs. the Islanders.
* Chris Drury leads the Rangers with 15 goals, 23 assists and 38 points in 40 career regular season contests vs. the Islanders.
* Marian Gaborik
(three goals, two assists) and Brandon Dubinsky
(one goal, four assists) are tied for the team lead with five points vs. the Islanders in the season series; Gaborik's three goals and Dubinsky's four assists are both team-highs.
* The Rangers list two former Islanders on their roster: Martin Biron
(2009-10); Ruslan Fedotenko
* The Islanders list three former Rangers on their roster: Mike Mottau (2000-01 to 2001-02); P.A. Parenteau (2009-10); Doug Weight (1991-92 to 1992-93).All Time – Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 63-37-11-4
At Uniondale: 47-60-8-12010-11 Rangers vs. Islanders
Oct. 11 Rangers 4, Islanders 6 at Uniondale
Dec. 2 Rangers 6, Islanders 5 at Uniondale
Dec. 3 Rangers 2, Islanders 0 at MSG
Dec. 27 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 15 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 31 Rangers vs. Islanders at UniondaleUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 27 Rangers vs. N.Y. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 29 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Jan. 1 Rangers at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Jan. 2 Rangers at Florida, 5 p.m.
Jan. 5 Rangers vs. Carolina, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Michael Del Zotto
has missed one game with the flu.
* Marian Gaborik
has missed one game with groin strain.
* Vinny Prospal has missed 36 games with a knee injury.
* Derek Boogaard has missed six games with a shoulder injury.
* Ryan Callahan
has missed three games with a broken hand.
* The Rangers have lost 109 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.