| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will conclude a home-and-home set against the New York Islanders tonight, Dec. 3, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the second game of their seventh back-to-back set this season. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and sixth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 15-11-1 (31 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the New York Islanders, 6-5, last night at Nassau Coliseum, and are now 5-2-0 in their last seven games. The Islanders enter the contest with a 5-13-5 (15 pts) record to rank 15th in the Eastern Conference, and have lost 15 of their last 16 games (1-12-3). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will begin a home-and-home set against the Ottawa Senators on Sunday, Dec. 5, at Madison Square Garden (5:00 p.m.).Download complete game notes
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG Plus. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Islanders Pre-Game Notes
* The Blueshirts rank 25th in the NHL at home with a record of 5-7-1 (11 pts) in 13 games; the Islanders have posted a record of 2-8-3 (7 pts) on the road to rank 29th in the league.
* The Rangers have posted a record of 4-3-0 vs. Atlantic Division opponents; the Islanders are 2-3-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 1-1-0 with a 4.85 goals against average in two appearances vs. the Islanders this season, and is now 18-9-5 with a 2.18 goals against average and two shutouts in 33 career regular season games against the Islanders; Martin Biron
is 20-4-1-0 with a 2.00 goals against average and two shutouts in 26 career regular season contests vs. the Islanders.
* Marian Gaborik
leads the Rangers in scoring with five points and three goals in two games vs. the Islanders this season, following his four-point performance last night at Long Island (three goals, one assist); Sean Avery
has tallied a team-high, three assists in the season series.
* Michal Rozsival has tallied a team-high, 18 assists and 21 points in 52 career regular season contests vs. the Islanders; Marian Gaborik
leads the team with 11 goals and 21 points in 17 career regular season games vs. the Islanders.
* New York lists two former Islanders on its roster: Martin Biron
(2009-10); Ruslan Fedotenko
* The Islanders list three former Rangers on their roster: Mike Mottau (2000-01 to 2001-02); P.A. Parenteau (2009-10); Doug Weight (1991-92 to 1992-93).All Time – Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 62-37-11-4
At Uniondale: 47-60-8-12010-11 Rangers vs. Islanders
Oct. 11 Rangers 4, Islanders 6 at Uniondale
Dec. 2 Rangers 6, Islanders 5 at Uniondale
Dec. 3 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
Dec. 27 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 15 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 31 Rangers vs. Islanders at UniondaleUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 3 Rangers vs. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 5 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 5 p.m.
Dec. 9 Rangers at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Dec. 11 Rangers at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Dec. 12 Rangers vs. Washington, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 27 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed 24 games with a broken finger.
* The Rangers have lost 83 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.