| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the New York Islanders tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the first game of a home-andhome set. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and 11th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 14-15-3 (31 pts.). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by Atlanta, 3-2, in a shootout on Monday at MSG, and are now 2-0-1 in the shootout this season. The NY Islanders enter the contest with a 12-14-7 (31 pts.) record, and rank 13th in the Eastern Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will face-off against the New York Islanders tomorrow, Dec. 17, at Nassau Coliseum (7:00 p.m.), in the second game of their home-and-home set and the Rangers fourth game in six days. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Islanders Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 26th in the NHL at home with a record of 7-8-1 (15 pts.) in 16 games; the Islanders have posted a record of 5-10-5 (15 pts.) in 20 road games to rank 22nd in the league.
* The Blueshirts have posted a record of 1-5-0 vs. the Atlantic Division; the Islanders have registered a 2-4-1 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a record of 0-1-0 with a 3.05 goals against average in one appearance against the Islanders this season; Lundqvist is 14-7-4 with a 2.07 goals against average and one shutout in 26 career regular season contests vs. the Islanders.
* Chris Drury leads the Rangers with 14 goals and 35 points in 35 career regular season games against Atlanta; Vinny Prospal (44 games) and Wade Redden
(48 games) have each tallied a team-high 22 assists vs. the Islanders.
* Brandon Dubinsky
made his NHL debut on Mar. 8, 2007 against the NY Islanders.
* The Rangers lists no former Islanders on their roster.
* The Islanders list one former Ranger on their roster: Doug Weight (1990-01 to 1992-93).All Time – Rangers vs. Islanders
At MSG: 61-36-11-3
At Uniondale: 44-59-8-12009-10 - Rangers vs. Islanders
Oct. 28 Rangers 1, Islanders 3 at Uniondale
Dec. 16 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
Dec. 17 Rangers vs. Islanders at Uniondale
Dec. 26 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 24 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 30 Rangers vs. Islanders at UniondaleUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 16 Rangers vs. Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 17 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m.
Dec. 19 Rangers at Philadelphia, 1 p.m.
Dec. 21 Rangers at Carolina, 7 p.m.
Dec. 23 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.Injuries
* The Rangers have lost 43 manpower games due to injury or illness this season. Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (14-12-1-3, 32 pts.) suffered a 2-1 shootout loss at home to Albany (Carolina affiliate) on Sunday, after snapping a season-high six-game winless streak (0-4-1-1) Saturday, with a 2-1 overtime triumph over Bridgeport. That victory also broke a run of four straight regulation defeats for the Pack, who are in the midst of a five-game homestand. Ken Gernander’s club has failed to gain a point in only two of 14 home games on the season (9-2-1-2), and faces its first Western-Conference action this Friday and Saturday (both 7:00), as they host Toronto (Maple Leafs affiliate) and Hamilton (Montreal affiliate ), respectively.
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com