RANGERS vs. GOLDEN KNIGHTS, 7pm
Madison Square Garden
MSG 2, 1050 AM
The Rangers play their 26th game of the 2019-20 season tonight, December 2, against the Vegas Golden Knights at Madison Square Garden. New York enters the contest with a season-high five-game point streak (40-1 record) and has won five of its last seven games (5-1-1 record). The Rangers have also earned at least one point in 10 of the last 13 games (8-3-2 record), in 12 of the last 16 games (10-4-2 record), and in 14 of the last 19 games (11-5-3 record). Beginning with tonight's game, five of the Blueshirts' next seven contests are against Pacific Division opponents.
RANGERS VS. GOLDEN KNIGHTS
- All-Time: 1-2-0-1 (1-0-0-1 at home; 0-2-0-0 on the road)
- 2019-20: Tonight's game is the first of two meetings between the Rangers and Golden Knights, and the only meeting between the two teams at MSG. Following tonight's game, the Rangers and Golden Knights will face each other on the following date: Dec. 8 (at Vegas).
- 2018-19: The Rangers posted a 0-1-1 record (0-0-1 at home; 0-1-0 on the road). Mika Zibanejad led all skaters with two goals in the season series, as he recorded a goal in each contest. Each contest was decided by two or fewer goals, and one of the two meetings was decided in overtime.
- All four meetings between the Rangers and Golden Knights have been decided by two or fewer goals, and two of the four contests have been decided by one goal.
RANGERS-GOLDEN KNIGHTS CONNECTIONS
- Nick Holden played with the Rangers for parts of two seasons (2016-17 and 2017-18).
- George McPhee began his NHL career with the Rangers and played parts of four seasons with the Blueshirts (1983-84 - 1986-87).
- Brendan Smith and Reilly Smith are brothers.
- Jonathan Marchessault played one season with the Rangers' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Connecticut Whale (2011 12).
- Vegas Assistant Coach Ryan McGill served as the Head Coach for the Rangers' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack, for three seasons (2002-03 - 2004-05).
- Max Pacioretty is a native of New Canaan, Connecticut, and he was a Rangers fan as a kid.
INDIVIDUAL CAREER STATISTICS VS. GOLDEN KNIGHTS
- Mika Zibanejad - 4 GP, 4-2-6 - Zibanejad has registered a goal/point in each of his four career games against the Golden Knights. He tallied three points (one goal, two assists), including the game-winning goal, in the first all-time meeting between the Rangers and Golden Knights on Oct. 31, 2017 at MSG.
- Artemi Panarin - 3 GP, 2-5-7 - Panarin has posted a three-point game (one goal, two assists) in each of his last two games against Vegas.
- Pavel Buchnevich - 3 GP, 1-2-3 - Buchnevich has tallied an assist/point in two of three career games against the Golden Knights.
- Chris Kreider - 3 GP, 2-1-3 - Kreider has tallied a point in each of his three career games against the Golden Knights.
- Jacob Trouba - 5 GP, 0-3-3 - Trouba recorded three assists on Feb. 22, 2019 at Vegas, and he tied single-game career-highs in assists and points in the contest.