| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Florida Panthers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), to conclude their back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and fifth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 16-6-4 (36 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Buffalo Sabres, 4-1, on Saturday night at First Niagara Center, to record the 2,500th win in franchise history. New York has now recorded at least one point in 15 of its last 18 contests (13-3-2). The Panthers enter the contest with a 16-8-5 (37 pts) record to rank third in the Eastern Conference, and have recorded points in four straight games (3-0-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Dallas Stars on Tuesday, Dec. 13, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their fourth game in six days. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 7 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 92.Rangers vs. Panthers Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have won five of their last eight games against the Panthers, having out-scored Florida 18-12 over the span.
* New York ranks 16th with a 7-2-2 (16 pts) record at home; Florida ranks third with a 10-6-1 (21 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 6-1-1 record vs. Southeast Division opponents; the Panthers are 5-2-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 12-7-1 record with a 1.81 GAA and five shutouts in 20 career regular season games vs. Florida; Martin Biron
is 7-12-1-0 with a 2.68 GAA in 21 career regular season games vs. the Panthers.
* Brad Richards
leads the Rangers with 14 goals, 26 assists and 40 points in 47 career regular season games vs. Florida; Marian Gaborik
has registered 12 points (five goals, seven assists) in 16 career regular season contests vs. the Panthers.
* The Rangers list one former Panther on their roster: Steve Eminger
* Florida lists one former Ranger on its roster: Mikael Samuelsson (2001-02 to 2002-03).All Time -- Rangers vs. Panthers
At MSG: 19-13-4-0
At Florida: 19-13-2-42011-12 Rangers vs. Florida
Nov. 23 Rangers 1, Panthers 2 at Florida
Dec. 11 Rangers vs. Panthers at MSG
Dec. 30 Rangers vs. Panthers at Florida
Jan. 5 Rangers vs. Panthers at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 11 Rangers vs. Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Dec. 13 Rangers vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
Dec. 15 Rangers at St. Louis, 8 p.m.
Dec. 17 Rangers at Phoenix, 8 p.m.
Dec. 20 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Marc Staal
has missed 26 games after being put on the Injured Reserve list on Oct. 5 due to a concussion.
* Mike Rupp
has missed 19 games due to a knee injury, suffered on Oct. 24.
* Wojtek Wolski has missed 15 games due to a groin injury, suffered on Nov. 3.
* Michael Sauer
has missed two games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* The Rangers have lost 71 total man-game to injuries or illness this season.