| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Florida Panthers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to begin a two-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 39-30-4 (82 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins, 5-2, on Sunday at CONSOL Energy Center to extend their season-high winning streak to four games, and are now 6-1-0 in their last seven contests. The Panthers enter the contest with a 29-33-10 (68 pts) record to rank 13th in the Eastern Conference, and have registered at least one point in four of their last six games (3-2-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Ottawa Senators on Thursday, Mar. 24, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to close out their two-game homestand.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 207.Rangers vs. Panthers Pregame Notes
* The Rangers rank 23rd with a 17-16-3 (37 pts) record at home; the Panthers rank 27th with a 14-18-2 (30 pts) mark on the road.
* New York is 7-9-2 vs. the Southeast Division; Florida is 7-9-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 11-6-1 with a 1.90 goals against average and four shutouts in 18 career regular season games vs. Florida; Chad Johnson
has yet to face the Panthers.
* Vinny Prospal leads the team with 14 goals, 31 assists and 45 points in 57 career regular season contests vs. Florida.
* New York lists three former Panthers on its roster: Steve Eminger
(2008-09); Bryan McCabe (2008-09 to 2010-11); Vinny Prospal (2000-01).
* Florida lists one former Ranger on its roster: Patrick Rissmiller (2008-09).All Time -- Rangers vs. Panthers
At MSG: 18-13-4-0
At Florida: 19-12-2-42010-11 Rangers vs. Florida
Nov. 26 Rangers 3, Panthers 0 at Florida
Jan. 2 Rangers 0, Panthers 3 at Florida
Jan. 25 Rangers 3, Panthers 4 at MSG
March 22 Rangers vs. Panthers at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 22 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
March 24 Rangers vs. Ottawa, 7 p.m.
March 26 Rangers at Boston, 1 p.m.
March 30 Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
March 31 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m. Injuries
* Derek Boogaard has missed 43 games with a shoulder injury.
* Alex Frolov has missed 30 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed 19 games with a knee injury.
* Martin Biron
has missed nine games with a fractured collarbone.
* Marc Staal
has missed one game with an injury.
* The Rangers have lost 289 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.