| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will conclude their back-to-back set when they face-off against the Florida Panthers tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their fifth game in seven nights leading up to the All-Star break. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and sixth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 29-19-3 (61 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Washington Capitals, 2-1, in the shootout on Monday night at Verizon Center to improve to 12-6-2 in their last 20 games, and have now registered a point in 24 of their last 36 (22-12-2). New York is 10-5-1 in their last 16 games at home. The Panthers enter the contest with a 21-21-5 (47 pts) record to rank 11th in the Eastern Conference, and have registered a point in six of their last seven games (3-1- 3). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will have a six-day break in action before they face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday, Feb. 1, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in their first game following the All-Star break. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 207.Rangers vs. Florida Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 20th with a 12-10-2 (26 pts) record at home; the Panthers are tied for 23rd with a 10-13-0 (20 pts) mark on the road.
* New York is 5-6-2 vs. the Southeast Division; Florida is 5-5-0 against the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
made 40 saves in a 3-0 win at Florida on Nov. 26 to post his third shutout of the season, and is 11-5-1 with a 1.77 goals against average and four shutouts in 17 career regular season games vs. the Panthers; Martin Biron
is 7-12-1-0 with a 2.68 goals against average in 21 career regular season contests vs. Florida.
* Marian Gaborik
has tallied five goals and five assists for 10 points in 13 career regular season contests vs. the Panthers.
* New York lists two former Panthers on its roster: Vinny Prospal (2000-01); Steve Eminger
* Florida lists two former Rangers on its roster: Radek Dvorak (1999-00 to 2002-03); Christopher Higgins (2009-10). All Time -- Rangers vs. Panthers
At MSG: 18-12-4-0
At Florida: 19-12-2-42010-11 Rangers vs. Florida
Nov. 26 Rangers 3, Panthers 0 at Florida
Jan. 2 Rangers 0, Panthers 3 at Florida
Jan. 25 Rangers vs. Panthers at MSG
March 22 Rangers vs. Panthers at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 25 Rangers vs. Florida, 7 p.m.
Feb. 1 Rangers vs. Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
Feb. 3 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Feb. 5 Rangers at Montreal, 2 p.m.
Feb. 7 Rangers at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.Injuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 51 games with a knee injury.
* Derek Boogaard has missed 21 games with a shoulder injury.
* Ryan Callahan
has missed 18 games with a broken hand.
* Erik Christensen has missed 13 games with a sprained knee.
* Alex Frolov has missed eight games with a knee injury.
* Brandon Dubinsky
has missed four games with a stress fracture in his left leg.
* Ruslan Fedotenko
has missed three games with a shoulder separation.
* Dan Girardi
has missed one game with soreness in his ribcage.
* The Rangers have lost 185 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.