| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Detroit Red Wings tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank second in the league overall, with a record of 45-20-7 (97 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the New Jersey Devils, 4-2, on Monday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 3-2-0 on their current seven-game homestand. The Red Wings enter the contest with a 44-25-4 (92 pts) record to rank fifth in the Western Conference, and are winless in their last five games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Buffalo Sabres on Friday, Mar. 23, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), to conclude their seven-game homestand.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network. You can also catch the radio broadcast on Bloomberg Radio (AM 1130) and on satellite radio at XM 213.Rangers vs. Red Wings Pregame Notes
* The Rangers' last win against the Red Wings was a 3-1 victory on Oct. 25, 2003, at Madison Square Garden.
* Each of the last nine meetings between the Rangers and Red Wings have been decided by two goals or less, including five games separated by one goal.
* The Rangers rank fourth with a 25-9-2 (52 pts) record at home; Detroit is tied for 18th with a 16-20-2 (34 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 2-3-0 vs. the Central Division; the Red Wings are 2-2-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list no former Red Wings on their roster.
* Detroit lists no former Rangers on its roster.
All Time -- Rangers vs. Red Wings
At MSG: 134-94-58-0
At Detroit: 76-166-45-1
2010-11 Review -- Rangers vs. Detroit
Feb. 7 Rangers 2, Red Wings 3 at Detroit
2011-12 Rangers vs. Detroit
March 21 Rangers vs. Red Wings at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 21 Rangers vs. Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
March 23 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
March 24 Rangers at Toronto, 7 p.m.
March 27 Rangers at Minnesota, 8 p.m.
March 28 Rangers at Winnipeg, 7 p.m.
* Michael Sauer has missed 48 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Artem Anisimov has missed two games with an injury suffered on March 15.
* Steve Eminger has missed two games with an injury suffered on March 15.
* The Rangers have lost 209 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.