| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Dallas Stars tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their fourth game in six days. The Blueshirts currently rank second in the Atlantic Division standings, and fourth in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 17-6-4 (38 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Florida Panthers, 6-1, on Sunday at Madison Square Garden, to sweep their weekend back-to-back set. New York has now recorded at least one point in 16 of their last 19 contests (14-3-2). The Stars enter the contest with a 16-11-1 (33 pts) record to rank third in the Western Conference, and have lost two of their last three games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the St. Louis Blues on Thursday, Dec. 15, at Scottrade Center (8:00 p.m.), to begin a three-game road trip. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 214.Rangers vs. Stars Pregame Notes
* The Rangers have won their last two games against Dallas, and have out-scored the Stars, 8-4, over the span.
* The Blueshirts won their last game vs. the Stars at MSG, 5-2, on Jan. 6, 2010.
* New York is tied for 10th with an 8-2-2 (18 pts) record at home; Dallas ranks 17th with a 7-7-0 (14 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers have posted a 2-0-2 record vs. Pacific Division opponents; the Stars are 1-2-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a 3-2-0 record with a 2.18 GAA in five career regular season games vs. Dallas; Martin Biron
is 6-3-0-0 with a 2.69 GAA in nine career regular season games vs. the Stars.
* Marian Gaborik
leads the Rangers with 14 goals, 15 assists and 29 points in 29 career regular season games vs. Dallas; Brad Richards
has registered five points (four goals, one assist) in seven career regular season contests vs. the Stars.
* New York lists three former Stars on their roster: Sean Avery
(2008-09); Richards (2007-08 to 2010-11); Jeff Woywitka
(2009-10 to 2010-11).
* Dallas lists one former Ranger on their roster: Radek Dvorak (1999-00 to 2002-03). All Time -- Rangers vs. Stars
At MSG: 37-17-11-0
At Minnesota/Dallas: 32-20-11-12010-11 Review -- Rangers vs. Dallas
Jan. 7 Rangers 3, Stars 2 (SO) at Dallas2011-12 Rangers vs. Dallas
Dec. 13 Rangers vs. Stars at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Dec. 13 Rangers vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
Dec. 15 Rangers at St. Louis, 8 p.m.
Dec. 17 Rangers at Phoenix, 8 p.m.
Dec. 20 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Dec. 22 Rangers vs. Islanders, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Marc Staal
has missed 27 games after being put on the Injured Reserve list on Oct. 5 due to a concussion.
* Mike Rupp
has missed 20 games due to a knee injury, suffered on Oct. 24.
* Wojtek Wolski has missed 16 games due to a groin injury, suffered on Nov. 3.
* Michael Sauer
has missed three games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* The Rangers have lost 75 total man-game to injuries or illness this season.