| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight at Madison Square Garden (8:00 p.m.). The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank third in the league overall, with a record of 37-14-5 (79 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Chicago Blackhawks, 4-2, on Thursday at Madison Square Garden to snap their four-game winning streak, and are now 8-2-1 in their last 11 games. The Blueshirts are 20-6-1 in their last 27 contests, dating back to Dec. 17, and have registered at least one point in 37 of their last 48 games since Oct. 29 (34-11-3) after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark. The Blue Jackets enter the contest with a 17-35-6 (40 pts) record to rank 15th in the Western Conference, and have lost three of their last five games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday, Feb. 21, at CONSOL Energy Center (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up.Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 7:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 213.Rangers vs. Blue Jackets Pregame Notes
* The last time the Rangers defeated the Blue Jackets at Madison Square Garden was Nov. 23, 2009 (7-4).
* New York ranks sixth with an 18-7-2 (38 pts) record at home; Columbus ranks 29th with a 7-19-3 (17 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 1-2-0 vs. the Central Division; the Blue Jackets are 0-1-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list two former Blue Jackets on their roster: Mike Rupp
(2005-06); Anton Stralman
(2009-10 to 2010-11)
* Columbus lists two former Rangers on its roster: Vinny Prospal (2009-10 to 2010-11); Fedor Tyutin (2003-04 to 2007-08) All Time – Rangers vs. Blue Jackets
At MSG: 2-1-1-0
At Columbus: 2-5-0-02010-11 Review -- Rangers vs. Columbus
Dec. 11 Rangers 1, Blue Jackets 3 at Columbus2011-12 Rangers vs. Columbus
Feb. 19 Rangers vs. Blue Jackets at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 19 Rangers vs. Columbus, 8 p.m.
Feb. 21 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Feb. 24 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m.
Feb. 25 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Feb. 27 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7:30 p.m.Injuries
* Michael Sauer
has missed 32 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Ruslan Fedotenko
has missed four games due to an injury suffered on Feb. 9.
* The Rangers have lost 172 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.