| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Colorado Avalanche tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the fourth game of their seven-game homestand. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank second in the league overall, with a record of 44-19-7 (95 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Pittsburgh Penguins, 5-2, on Thursday at Madison Square Garden to end their six-game home winning streak, and are now 2-1-0 on their current seven-game homestand. The Avalanche enter the contest with a 38-30-5 (81 pts) record to rank eighth in the Western Conference, and have won five of their last seven games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the New Jersey Devils on Monday, Mar. 19, at Madison Square Garden (7:30 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division match-up. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG 2 with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. Click here for complete MSG2 channel listings
. You can also catch the radio broadcast on Bloomberg Radio (AM 1130) and on satellite radio at XM 213.Rangers vs. Avalanche Pregame Notes
* The Rangers' last win against the Avalanche was on Jan. 31, 2010 (3-1); The Blueshirts' last win against the Avalanche at Madison Square Garden was on Feb. 28, 2009 (6-1).
* New York is tied for fifth with a 24-8-2 (50 pts) record at home; Colorado ranks 11th with a 17-15-4 (38 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 2-1-0 vs. the Northwest Division; the Avalanche are 3-2-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list no former Colorado players on their roster.
* Colorado lists no former Rangers on its roster.All Time -- Rangers vs. Avalanche
At MSG: 20-11-4-4
At Quebec/Colorado: 14-19-3-2
2010-11 Review -- Rangers vs. Colorado
Oct. 18 Rangers 1, Avalanche 3 at MSG
Nov. 19 Rangers 1, Avalanche 5 at Colorado
2011-12 Rangers vs. Colorado
March 17 Rangers vs. Avalanche at MSG
Upcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 17 Rangers vs. Colorado, 7 p.m.
March 19 Rangers vs. New Jersey, 7:30 p.m.
March 21 Rangers vs. Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
March 23 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.
March 24 Rangers at Toronto, 7 p.m.
* Michael Sauer has missed 46 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Michael Del Zotto has missed four games with a hip injury, suffered on March 8.
* Ryan Callahan has missed three games with an injury, suffered on March 9.
* Henrik Lundqvist has missed two games with the flu.
* The Rangers have lost 203 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.