| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Chicago Blackhawks tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Eastern Conference standings, and rank second in the league overall, with a record of 37-13-5 (79 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having defeated the Boston Bruins, 3-0, on Tuesday at TD Garden to extend their winning streak to four games, and have now won eight of their last 10 games. The Blueshirts are 20-5-1 in their last 26 games, dating back to Dec. 17, and have registered at least one point in 37 of their last 47 games since Oct. 29 (34-10-3) after beginning the season with a 3-3-2 mark. The Blackhawks enter the contest with a 29-21-7 (65 pts) record to rank sixth in the Western Conference, and have lost their last nine games (0-8-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will face-off against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Sunday, Feb. 19, at Madison Square Garden (8:00 p.m.). Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG Network with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 92.Rangers vs. Blackhawks Pregame Notes
* The Blueshirts have registered at least one point in each of their last seven meetings with the Blackhawks, posting a record of 4-0-1-2 over the span. New York's last regulation loss to Chicago was Dec. 11, 2002 (3-4).
* The Rangers have won their last three contests vs. the Blackhawks at Madison Square Garden, out-scoring Chicago, 9-5, during the stretch. The Blueshirts last home loss to the Blackhawks was on Dec. 11, 2002 (3-4).
* New York ranks sixth with an 18-6-2 (38 pts) record at home; Chicago ranks 23rd with a 10-15-3 (23 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 1-1-0 vs. the Central Division; the Blackhawks are 2-2-0 vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers list no former Blackhawks on their roster.
* Chicago lists no former Rangers on its roster. All Time -- Rangers vs. Blackhawks
At MSG: 120-113-55-0
At Chicago: 116-128-43-22010-11 Review -- Rangers vs.Chicago
Nov. 1 Rangers 3, Blackhawks 2 at MSG2011-12 Rangers vs. Chicago
Feb. 16 Rangers vs. Blackhawks at MSG
March 9 Rangers vs. Blackhawks at ChicagoUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Feb. 16 Rangers vs. Chicago, 7 p.m.
Feb. 19 Rangers vs. Columbus, 8 p.m.
Feb. 21 Rangers at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Feb. 24 Rangers at Islanders, 7 p.m.
Feb. 25 Rangers vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Michael Sauer
has missed 31 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5.
* Ruslan Fedotenko
has missed three games due to an injury suffered on Feb. 9.
* The Rangers have lost 170 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.