| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will play their fourth game in six nights tonight when they will face-off against the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Chicago Blackhawks, at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in an Original Six match-up. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs, 2-0, on Saturday at Air Canada Centre, and are now 5-4-1 (11 pts) on the season. The Blackhawks enter the contest with a 7-5-1 (15 pts) record, following a 3-1 win on Saturday at Minnesota. Following tonight’s contest, the Rangers will return to action when they face-off against the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday, Nov. 4, at the Wells Fargo Center (7:00 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set against Atlantic Division opponents. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on AM 970 The Apple and on satellite radio at XM 204.Rangers vs. Chicago Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers have won their last two contests vs. the Blackhawks at Madison Square Garden, outscoring Chicago, 6-3, during the stretch. The Blueshirts' last home loss to the Blackhawks was on Dec. 11, 2002 (3-4).
* Henrik Lundqvist
posted a record of 0-0-1 with a 1.88 goals against average and .951 save percentage in one contest vs. Chicago last season, and is now 3-0-2 with a 1.76 goals against average in five career games against the Blackhawks.
* Alex Frolov has registered a team-high, eight goals, 11 assists and 19 points in 26 career regular season contests vs. Chicago; Brandon Dubinsky
has recorded four points (two goals, two assists) in two career games vs. the Blackhawks
* Frolov posted a career-high, five points (two goals, three assists) vs. Chicago on Jan. 1, 2008.
* New York lists one former Blackhawk on its roster: Todd White (1997-98 to 1999-00)
* Chicago lists no former Rangers on its roster.All Time -- Rangers vs. Blackhawks
At MSG: 119-113-55-0
At Chicago: 116-128-43-22009-10 Review -- Rangers vs. Chicago
Dec. 9 Rangers 1, Blackhawks 2 (OT) at Chicago2010-11 Rangers vs. Chicago
Nov. 1 Rangers vs. Blackhawks at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Nov. 1 Rangers vs. Chicago, 7 p.m.
Nov. 4 Rangers at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Nov. 5 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
Nov. 7 Rangers vs. St. Louis, 7 p.m.
Nov. 9 Rangers vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m. Injuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 10 games with a knee injury.
* Chris Drury has missed seven games with a broken finger.
* Marian Gaborik
has missed seven games with a shoulder injury
* The Rangers have lost 29 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.