| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Carolina Hurricanes tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in the first game of a back-to-back set. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and rank 10th in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 13-12-2 (28 pts). The Rangers enter the contest having been defeated by the Pittsburgh Penguins, 3-0, on Saturday at CONSOL Energy Center, to complete their four-game road trip. The Blueshirts have posted a combined record of 2-4-0 in back-to-back games this season, including a 2-1-0 (1-0-0 at home) record in the first game. The Hurricanes enter the contest with a 15-11-1 (31 pts) record to rank eighth in the Eastern Conference, and have lost their last two games. Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will complete their back-to-back set when they face-off against the New Jersey Devils tomorrow, Mar. 19, at Prudential Center (7:00 p.m.), in an Atlantic Division matchup. Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. You can also catch the radio broadcast on ESPN New York (FM 98.7)and on satellite radio at XM 212. Rangers vs. Hurricanes Pregame Notes
* The Rangers were 4-0-0 overall (2-0-0 mark at home; 2-0-0 mark on the road) against Carolina in the 2011-12 season. The Rangers outscored the Hurricanes, 17-8, including a 7-1 advantage in the third period. New York was 2-13 (15.4 percent) on the power play, while the penalty kill was 10-12 (83.3 percent) in the series. Marian Gaborik led the Rangers with four assists and seven points, while Gaborik and Brad Richards tied for the series high with three goals apiece. Henrik Lundqvist was 1-0-0 with a 1.00 GAA and .971 save percentage, and Martin Biron was 3-0-0 with a 2.34 GAA and .916 save percentage.
* The Blueshirts have won six of their last seven games against the Hurricanes, having outscored Carolina, 24-16, over the span.
* The Rangers enter the contest with a three-game winning streak against the Hurricanes at MSG, and have outscored Carolina, 11-4, in those contests.
* New York ranks 14th in the NHL with a 9-5-1 (19 pts) record at home; Carolina is tied for ninth in the NHL with an 8-5-1 (17 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 5-2-0 vs. the Southeast Division this season; the Hurricanes are 5-1-1 vs. the Atlantic Division this season.
* The Rangers lists no former Hurricanes on their roster.
* Carolina lists two former Rangers on its roster: Adam Hall (2006-07) and Bobby Sanguinetti (2009-10).All Time -- Rangers vs. Hurricanes
At MSG: 36-17-4-2
At Hartford/Carolina: 23-31-3-02011-12 Rangers vs. Carolina
Nov. 11 Rangers 5, Hurricanes 1 at MSG
Dec. 1 Rangers 5, Hurricanes 3 at Carolina
March 1 Rangers 3, Hurricanes 2 at Carolina
March 13 Rangers 4, Hurricanes 2 at MSG2013 Rangers vs. Carolina
March 18 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at MSG
< April 6 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at Carolina
April 25 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at CarolinaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
March 18 Rangers vs. Carolina, 7 p.m.
March 19 Rangers at New Jersey, 7 p.m.
March 21 Rangers vs. Panthers, 7 p.m.
March 24 Rangers vs. Washington, 7 p.m.
March 26 Rangers at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m..Injuries
* Marc Staal has missed six games with an injury, suffered on March 5.
* Arron Asham has missed 12 games with an injury.
* Michael Sauer has missed 27 games due to a concussion, suffered on Dec. 5, 2011.
* The Rangers have lost 68 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.