| ||VS. || |
The Rangers will face-off against the Carolina Hurricanes tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their third consecutive match-up against a Southeast Division opponent. The Blueshirts currently rank third in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 22-15-3 (47 pts). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Florida Panthers, 3-0, on Sunday at BankAtlantic Center, and have now registered a point in 17 of their last 25 games (15-8-2) and seven of their last nine (5-2-2). The Hurricanes enter the contest with a 18-15-5 (41 pts) record to rank ninth in the Eastern Conference, and have registered a point in each of their last four games (3-0-1). Following tonight's contest, the Rangers will begin a back-to-back road set when they face-off against the Dallas Stars on Friday, Jan. 7, at American Airlines Center (8:30 p.m.), before travelling to St. Louis to face-off against the Blues on Saturday, Jan. 8, at Scottrade Center (8:00 p.m.). Download complete game notes
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight’s game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN Radio and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Carolina Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 21st with a 9-8-2 (20 pts) record at home; the Hurricanes rank 13th with a 10-8-3 (23 pts) mark on the road.
* The Rangers are 2-5-2 vs. the Southeast Division; the Hurricanes are 3-3-1 against the Atlantic Division.
* Henrik Lundqvist
is 8-7-1 with a 2.42 goals against average and one shutout in 16 career regular season games vs. the Hurricanes; Martin Biron
is 10-4-1-2 with a 2.53 goals against average and one shutout in 19 career regular season contests vs. Carolina.
* Marian Gaborik
has tallied seven goals and seven assists for 14 points in 12 career regular season contests vs. the Hurricanes; Chris Drury has recorded a team-high, eight assists in 29 career regular season games vs. Carolina.
* New York lists no former Hurricanes on its roster.
* Carolina lists no former Rangers on its roster. All Time – Rangers vs. Hurricanes
At MSG: 33-17-4-2
At Hartford/Carolina: 20-30-3-02010-11 Rangers vs. Carolina
Oct. 29 Rangers 3, Hurricanes 4 at MSG
Jan. 5 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at MSG
Jan 20 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at Carolina
Feb. 22 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at CarolinaUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 5 Rangers vs. Carolina, 7 p.m.
Jan. 7 Rangers at Dallas, 8:30 p.m.
Jan. 8 Rangers at St. Louis, 8 p.m.
Jan. 11 Rangers vs. Montreal, 7 p.m.
Jan. 13 Rangers vs. Vancouver, 7 p.m.Injuries
* Vinny Prospal has missed 40 games with a knee injury.
* Derek Boogaard has missed 10 games with a shoulder injury.
* Ryan Callahan
has missed seven games with a broken hand
* Erik Christensen has missed two games with a sprained knee
* The Rangers have lost 123 total man-games to injuries or illness this season.