| ||VS. || |
The Rangers face-off against the Carolina Hurricanes tonight at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.), in their fourth and final meeting of the season. The Blueshirts currently rank fourth in the Atlantic Division standings, and seventh in the Eastern Conference, with a record of 24-22-7 (55 pts.). The Rangers enter tonight's contest having been defeated by the Pittsburgh Penguins, 4-2, Monday at Madison Square Garden, and are now 10-6-4 in their last 20 games. The Hurricanes enter the contest with a 16-28-7 (39 pts.) record, and rank 15th in the Eastern Conference. Following tonight's game, the Rangers will open a three-game Western Conference road trip with a back-to-back set beginning on Saturday, Jan. 30, vs. the Phoenix Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena (8:00 p.m.), and continuing on Sunday, Jan. 31, vs. the Colorado Avalanche at the Pepsi Center (8:00 p.m.).Download complete game notes >>
*(Adobe Acrobat Reader is required. Click here to download Acrobat Reader for free) Tune In Tonight!
Tonight's game will be televised on MSG. You can also catch the radio broadcast on 1050 ESPN New York and on satellite radio at XM 205.Rangers vs. Hurricanes Pre-Game Notes
* The Rangers rank 24th in the NHL at home with a record of 12-12-4 (28 pts.) in 28 games; the Hurricanes have posted a record of 5-16-4 (14 pts.) in 25 road games to rank 30th in the league.
* New York has posted a record of 6-4-3 vs. the Southeast Division; Carolina have registered a 2-7-4 mark vs. the Atlantic Division.
* The Rangers penalty kill has surrendered just one goal in 10 shorthanded situations for a success rate of 90.0% in three games vs. Carolina this season.
* Henrik Lundqvist
has posted a record of 2-0-1 with a 1.30 goals against average and a .943 save percentage in three appearances vs. Carolina this season; Lundqvist is 8-5-1 with a 2.12 goals against average and one shutout in 14 career regular season appearances vs. the Hurricanes.
* Brandon Dubinsky
, who has tallied two goals and two assists in three games vs. Carolina this season, has notched the game winning goal in each of the Blueshirts’ last three wins vs. the Hurricanes dating back to a 3-2 win on Jan. 27, 2009 at MSG.
* Marian Gaborik
leads all skaters in scoring with five points (two goals and three assists) in the season series.
* Vinny Prospal leads the team with 19 goals, 25 assists and 44 points in 52 career regular season contests vs. Carolina; Gaborik has tallied 14 points (seven goals and seven assists) in 11 career regular season appearances vs. the Hurricanes.
* New York lists no former Hurricanes on its roster/
* Carolina lists two former Rangers on its roster: Matt Cullen (2006-07); Aaron Ward (2006-07)All Time – Rangers vs. Hurricanes
At MSG: 33-15-4-2
At Hartford/Carolina: 20-30-3-02009-10 - Rangers vs. Hurricanes
Dec. 21 Rangers 3, Hurricanes 1 at Carolina
Dec. 31 Rangers 2, Hurricanes 1 at Carolina
Jan. 2 Rangers 1, Hurricanes 2 (OT) at MSG
Jan. 27 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at MSGUpcoming Regular-Season Schedule
Jan. 27 Rangers vs. Carolina, 7 p.m.
Jan. 30 Rangers at Phoenix, 8 p.m.
Jan. 31 Rangers at Colorado, 8 p.m.
Feb. 2 Rangers at Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m.
Feb. 4 Rangers vs. Washington, 7 p.m.
* The Rangers have lost 51 manpower games due to injury or illness this season.Highlights from Hartford
Follow the progress of the Rangers' top prospects:
The Wolf Pack (23-17-2-4, 52 pts.) are in action tonight (7:00) at home against Norfolk (Tampa Bay affiliate), trying to rebound from a 6-1 loss to the Manchester Monarchs (Los Angeles affiliate) on Sunday in Manchester. That marked only the fifth time in the last 18 games (10-5-1-2) that the Pack failed to gain a standings point, after a 2-1 overtime loss at Springfield (Edmonton affiliate) Saturday and a 3-2 overtime victory over Manchester at home on Friday. The three games this past weekend finished a stretch of seven out of nine on the road for the Wolf Pack, and they will now play three games this week at home, where they are 15-3-1-2 on the season. After tonight’s battle with Norfolk, the Lowell Devils (New Jersey affiliate) visit the XL Center on Friday (7:00), and the Wolf Pack face Manchester again on Saturday night (7:00). That game concludes a stretch of the schedule in which four of seven Wolf Pack games were against the Monarchs.
For more Wolf Pack news, visit www.hartfordwolfpack.com